+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CBSA Identity Document Mail Seizure

vherpunzalan

Jul 20, 2014
Hello everyone!

I'm here to seek an answer that might enlighten my mind. I'll make my story short. I'm from the Philippines, been here in Canada for almost 3 years now. A year ago a CBSA officer made a seizure of my driver's licence and sent me a "Notice of Seizure" by mail. The reason of seizure, "It's counterfeit document". What happened, I asked my mom to go to the licence issuing agency in the Philippines and ask them if I could get a driver's licence even though I'm in Canada. My mom told me that the person she asked said "YES". So I sent money and picture that the agency asked for. We thought we're doing it the right way, not knowing that they are gonna give us fake documents. I personally doubt it at first, but I trusted the agency. Few days has passed and my mom sent the documents by mail and when it reached Canada(Vancouver) it was seized. An officer called me and told me what happened but everything that's he is telling me was not sinking into my mind. I was really scared. My questions:Will this seizure affect my PR application? Will CIC asked for a CBSA report? What does the "Security" part of the application process includes? Does that include going to CBSA database?

Thank you so much for the kind response.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
It will come up in your background check, Officers are required to capture all information related to the seizure of travel and/or identity documents in the SSI. (Secure System for Inteligence), it will cause you some trouble for sure . Seek legal advise as soon as possible .

"The objective of mail search and seizures is to take out of circulation counterfeit, altered and improperly obtained travel and identity documents. Documents found in international mail may be relevant to prosecutions or enforcement actions under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act."

SKguy

Feb 10, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
he/she started a new thread... follow him here

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/worried-about-flag-poling-because-cbsa-seized-an-identity-document-by-mail-t348004.0.html

gelk

May 31, 2023
Hello Vher. Also filipino here. And to everyone going through/who went through the same situation, what happened after they seized your document? Did it affect anything about your status? Thank you