+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CBSA history of entry/exit

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
At least these: Norway, Iceland and Switzerland as well as the micro-states of Andorra, Lichtenstein, San Marino and Monaco.
My bad...I've dealt with EU institutions including those pertaining to rights of movement under treaty rights - such consider the Nordic Countries, Swiss and the Micro states akin to EU members under an EEA arrangement hence my comment. I'd hazard a guess that the OP is an ex USSR/ FYR national.

nono

Dec 28, 2014
My PR will expire soon and I didnt meet the residency obligation and I dont live here. One consultant advised me to cancel my PR status and let my wife sponsor me. My wife is a permanent residence and lives in canada with our children.
He also told me that after cancelling the PR that I will apply for multiple 5 years visit visa until the sponsorship application get approved.
I checked the CIC website but I found that the process is not simple and my wife should have a job to support me which is not the case as she doesnt work.
My question is: is this process risky? I mean what are the chances that the case will get approved?
There will be no question mark about why i renounced my PR and applied again for sponsorship?

Any one can help here as I need to take serious decision either to move here and lose my job in my country or do as the consultant said and renounce my status.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nono said:
My PR will expire soon and I didnt meet the residency obligation and I dont live here. One consultant advised me to cancel my PR status and let my wife sponsor me. My wife is a permanent residence and lives in canada with our children.
He also told me that after cancelling the PR that I will apply for multiple 5 years visit visa until the sponsorship application get approved.
I checked the CIC website but I found that the process is not simple and my wife should have a job to support me which is not the case as she doesnt work.
My question is: is this process risky? I mean what are the chances that the case will get approved?
There will be no question mark about why i renounced my PR and applied again for sponsorship?

Any one can help here as I need to take serious decision either to move here and lose my job in my country or do as the consultant said and renounce my status.
Your wife does not need a job to sponsor you as there is no specific income requirement to sponsor a spouse. However, if you are not planning on moving to Canada at this point, applying for PR again at this time is a waste of your time and money as you will again be in the situation that you do not meet the RO and you will just lose it again.

If your plan is to stay outside Canada and work and occasionally come to Canada to visit your family, you will be fine on a visit visa. If you are outside Canada when your PR card expires, you can apply for a travel document from the Canadian embassy where you are in order to return. As you don't meet the RO, they will refuse and you will lose your PR. At that point, you can apply for a multiple entry TRV.