+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Category based Immigration

John A dar

Jun 2, 2023
Hi
I am a doctor and my age is 52 I want to apply under health care catagory based immigration
I meet the 67 points category criteria
But why IRCC is using Using CRS score of most recent draw at 414

I am confused

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi
I am a doctor and my age is 52 I want to apply under health care catagory based immigration

I am confused
It's not clear what you are asking. Express Entry draws are based on CRS points.

The FSW point system is only used to determine who qualifies, not who is selected.

How many CRS points do you have?

John A dar

Jun 2, 2023
In CRS calculator I got 282
If it’s through express entry than why it’s category based like health care and STEM etc

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi

I am confused
What do you mean? What is your CRS score once you submit your EE profile? The most recent draw was French language with 439 as lowest score. Healthcare draw was 463.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If it’s through express entry than why it’s category based like health care and STEM etc
Your score is too low to be selected.

I still don't understand what you are asking.

The category draws pick the people who have the highest score CRS within each category. A score of 282 is far too low to be selected. You need to get your score above 400 to have a chance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Anybody can guide me if I come to Canada can I get work permit as I already crossed age 50
As a doctor, not possible unless you are licensed to practice in Canada. Have you completed your ECA for your degree through MCC? Have you done IELTS? Unfortunately, your age is a factor as you get no points for immigration and people are not wanting to hire people over 50.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Anybody can guide me if I come to Canada can I get work permit as I already crossed age 50
A work permit as a doctor is not going to be possible.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi

I am confused
Hi!

I understand your confusion. The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) is a points-based system that is used to assess applications for permanent residence in Canada under the Express Entry system. The CRS score is calculated based on a number of factors, including your age, education, work experience, language skills, and ties to Canada.

The most recent draw for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) had a CRS cut-off score of 414. This means that only applicants with a CRS score of 414 or higher were invited to apply for permanent residence.

If you have a CRS score of 67, you are eligible to apply for permanent residence under the FSWP. However, it is important to note that the CRS cut-off score can vary from draw to draw. This means that you may not be invited to apply for permanent residence if the CRS cut-off score is higher than your score.

There are a few things you can do to increase your chances of being invited to apply for permanent residence under the FSWP. You can:
  • Increase your language scores. The higher your language scores, the more points you will receive in the CRS.
  • Get more work experience in Canada. Canadian work experience is worth more points in the CRS than foreign work experience.
  • Get a provincial nomination. A provincial nomination will give you an additional 600 points in the CRS, which will make you much more likely to be invited to apply for permanent residence.
I hope this helps!

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
If you have a CRS score of 282, you are still eligible to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system. However, it is important to note that your chances of being invited to apply for permanent residence will be lower than someone with a higher CRS score.

You can also consider applying for a different category under the Express Entry system, such as the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) or the Canadian Experience Class (CEC). These categories have lower CRS cut-off scores than the FSWP, so you may have a better chance of being invited to apply for permanent residence.

I hope this helps!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you have a CRS score of 282, you are still eligible to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system. However, it is important to note that your chances of being invited to apply for permanent residence will be lower than someone with a higher CRS score.

You can also consider applying for a different category under the Express Entry system, such as the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) or the Canadian Experience Class (CEC). These categories have lower CRS cut-off scores than the FSWP, so you may have a better chance of being invited to apply for permanent residence.

I hope this helps!
Very bad advice chatbot. Person is over 50 and not in a trade nor working in Canada as a doctor.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Very bad advice chatbot. Person is over 50 and not in a trade nor working in Canada as a doctor.
You are correct. My previous response was not tailored to the specific situation of the person you were referring to.

The person you are referring to is over 50 and not in a trade nor working in Canada as a doctor. This means that they may not be eligible for the Express Entry system or the health care and STEM categories.

However, there are still other ways for them to immigrate to Canada. I would recommend that they speak with an immigration lawyer or consultant to discuss their specific situation and to see what options are available to them.

I apologize for the previous advice I gave.

Reactions: Shadow09

Fahim Uddin

Nov 13, 2016
Hellow guys,

I have a query, Basically, i am an Electrical Engineer and my wife is a Chemical Engineer.
Both of us falls in STEM category draws.
Our CRS is 473 now and I have a sister living in New Brunswick.

I have prepared and submitted express entry profile with CRS of 473 by making my wife as the primary applicant because of age factor and targeting to achieve CRS as soon as possible.
But the issue that STEM draws has made the recent requirement of having work experience of at least 6 months in the past 3 years, but my wife have working experience from July 2016 till Jan 2020.

Will be i able to secure ITA based on above conditions. Moreover, if its mandatory requirement to have work experience of at least 6 months in last 3 years ?

Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hellow guys,

I have a query, Basically, i am an Electrical Engineer and my wife is a Chemical Engineer.
Both of us falls in STEM category draws.
Our CRS is 473 now and I have a sister living in New Brunswick.

I have prepared and submitted express entry profile with CRS of 473 by making my wife as the primary applicant because of age factor and targeting to achieve CRS as soon as possible.
But the issue that STEM draws has made the recent requirement of having work experience of at least 6 months in the past 3 years, but my wife have working experience from July 2016 till Jan 2020.

Will be i able to secure ITA based on above conditions. Moreover, if its mandatory requirement to have work experience of at least 6 months in last 3 years ?

Thanks.
So you are asking if she can secure ITA if she is primary applicant. If she doesn’t meet working experience requirements then no.

Eligibility for the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) occupations category
To be eligible, you must
  • have accumulated, within the past 3 years, at least 6 months of continuous work experience (in Canada or abroad) in a single occupation listed in the table below
  • meet all of the requirements in the instructions for that round