+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Category-based Express Entry rounds of invitations

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
How did you get those stats ?
You're telling me i am from the few people who got TCF+IELTS done ?
85-90% of all ITAs were to CECs. So many PNPs. When I cleared my TEF, I asked the Director on how many applicants were getting B2+ in all - they said handful. This is a very popular TEF centre. So, the math "feels" good. Very few people have the conviction to score good in IELTS, even less likely for TEF. I think you are one of the very few ones :)

Derr28

Mar 31, 2023
I’m the unluckiest person in the planet. Failed my previous TEF exam, did it again and this time it went really well. Although still waiting for the official attestation. If it goes as planned my score will be 514 but now I have to worry about competition within French speaking candidates. I guess Canada might not work out after all.
Damn this was painful to read. Will there likely be a specific draw for French candidates? I’m currently B1 and gonna be taking TCF this September which, if I get B2, will bump my score up to 532. But if I still cant get ITA even with this score I honestly don’t know what to do with my life anymore. Been working for this for the past 8 years, getting the 2 degrees, 3 years of experience and saving enough money for it. Have recently just quit my full time job 2 weeks ago to fully commit in French too.

Fay-control

Star Member
May 22, 2021
85-90% of all ITAs were to CECs. So many PNPs. When I cleared my TEF, I asked the Director on how many applicants were getting B2+ in all - they said handful. This is a very popular TEF centre. So, the math "feels" good. Very few people have the conviction to score good in IELTS, even less likely for TEF. I think you are one of the very few ones :)
I think you're wrong, here in the Maghreb region, many people have very good results in TCF/TEF, i am actually very confident to say that 90% of people above 500 crs points if not PNP are from the Maghreb region, due to French bonus points.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I think you're wrong, here in the Maghreb region, many people have very good results in TCF/TEF, i am actually very confident to say that 90% of people above 500 crs points if not PNP are from the Maghreb region, due to French bonus points.
We don't see that representation as much here. That honestly boggles my mind. Ofcoure French speaking population will score well on TCF/TEF. But, if they are scoring that well, they aren't scoring well enough in IELTS. The data that majority of invitees were CECs or PNP isn't wrong. I am not the only one who feels that, there are many others (including RCICs) who feel the same.

Fay-control

Star Member
May 22, 2021
We don't see that representation as much here. That honestly boggles my mind. Ofcoure French speaking population will score well on TCF/TEF. But, if they are scoring that well, they aren't scoring well enough in IELTS. The data that majority of invitees were CECs or PNP isn't wrong. I am not the only one who feels that, there are many others (including RCICs) who feel the same.
You actually don't need ielts test to create an express entry account, you can get more than 500 points only with TCF or TEF.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
You actually don't need ielts test to create an express entry account, you can get more than 500 points only with TCF or TEF.
I know that you can only create it with one profile, but here's the score for your reference.

This is for Bachelors + max TCF + 3+ years foriegn exp = 466 If you add masters it becomes 506. Most people don't have masters.

Core/Human capital factors
  • Age = 110
  • Level of education = 120
  • Official Languages = 136
    • First Official Language = 136
    • Second Official Language = 0
  • Canadian work experience = 0
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 366
Spouse factors
  • Level of education = 0
  • First Official Languages = 0
Subtotal - Spouse factors = 0
Skill transferability factors
Education (to a maximum of 50 points)
  • A) Official Language proficiency and education = 25
  • B) Canadian work experience and education = 0
Subtotal = 25
Foreign work experience (to a maximum of 50 points)
  • A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 50
  • B) Canadian and foreign work experience = 0
Subtotal = 50
Certificate of qualification = 0
Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 75

Additional points (to a maximum of 600 points)
Provincial nomination = 0
Job offer = 0
Study in Canada = 0
Sibling in Canada = 0
French-language skills = 25
Subtotal Additional points = 25
Comprehensive Ranking System formula grand total = 466

Fay-control

Star Member
May 22, 2021
I know that you can only create it with one profile, but here's the score for your reference.

This is for Bachelors + max TCF + 3+ years foriegn exp = 466 If you add masters it becomes 506. Most people don't have masters.

Core/Human capital factors
  • Age = 110
  • Level of education = 120
  • Official Languages = 136
    • First Official Language = 136
    • Second Official Language = 0
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 366
Spouse factors
  • Level of education = 0
  • First Official Languages = 0
Subtotal - Spouse factors = 0
Skill transferability factors
Education (to a maximum of 50 points)
  • A) Official Language proficiency and education = 25
  • B) Canadian work experience and education = 0
Subtotal = 25
Foreign work experience (to a maximum of 50 points)
  • A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 50
  • B) Canadian and foreign work experience = 0
Subtotal = 50
Certificate of qualification = 0
Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 75

Additional points (to a maximum of 600 points)
Provincial nomination = 0
Job offer = 0
Study in Canada = 0
Sibling in Canada = 0
French-language skills = 25
Subtotal Additional points = 25
Comprehensive Ranking System formula grand total = 466
Actually, every person under the age of 30 in Algeria have Masters, the education deleted the bachelor's courses and forced all students to do 5 years at university to graduate, the system is called "LMD".
with TCF and little score in IELTS like scoring only 5 it's already 535 points.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Actually, every person under the age of 30 in Algeria have Masters, the education deleted the bachelor's courses and forced all students to do 5 years at university to graduate, the system is called "LMD".
with TCF and little score in IELTS like scoring only 5 it's already 535 points.
That's good to know. I don't know why Algeria's representation is so low then. That should've been an advantage even pre-category specific draws, no idea why we still see non-English, non-French countries still take the highest representation.

Fay-control

Star Member
May 22, 2021
That's good to know. I don't know why Algeria's representation is so low then. That should've been an advantage even pre-category specific draws, no idea why we still see non-English, non-French countries still take the highest representation.
Express Entry is not that popular here, it's not advertised, and people here prefer Europe, there is a huge algerian community in France, Belgium, UK and Germany.
And the Algerian community is not that bad in Canada too, they are atleast 120.000, mostly in Quebec and Ontario.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Express Entry is not that popular here, it's not advertised, and people here prefer Europe, there is a huge algerian community in France, Belgium, UK and Germany.
Honestly, that's what I think it is. EE could be under-advertised and Canada is an expensive country to move in/hard to fit-in compared to the EU counterparts. Agreed about Quebec.

santosh.dh

Star Member
May 18, 2023
Damn this was painful to read. Will there likely be a specific draw for French candidates? I’m currently B1 and gonna be taking TCF this September which, if I get B2, will bump my score up to 532. But if I still cant get ITA even with this score I honestly don’t know what to do with my life anymore. Been working for this for the past 8 years, getting the 2 degrees, 3 years of experience and saving enough money for it. Have recently just quit my full time job 2 weeks ago to fully commit in French too.
532. What are you worried about mate. You’ll definitely get an ITA. And @iSaidGoodDay was saying there will be general draws as well.

santosh.dh

Star Member
May 18, 2023
Where is this center btw? I don’t know man. Maybe more people are focusing on TCF. I heard it’s a bit easier.

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
And the Algerian community is not that bad in Canada too, they are atleast 120.000, mostly in Quebec and Ontario.
Perhaps, Algerian simply don't migrate as much. I come from the 4th most populous country and our diaspora isn't even in the top 10 of most developed countries. That's compared to countries like Pakistan, Nigeria even Brazil. We simply don't have the culture to immigrate abroad

Last edited:

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Honestly, that's what I think it is. EE could be under-advertised and Canada is an expensive country to move in/hard to fit-in compared to the EU counterparts. Agreed about Quebec.
I know there's not a lot of information available anywhere on this new category based draws, but what do you think the criteria will be for French speakers? The minimum is CLB 7 across all, but what if someone has CLB 9 across all, do you think they will have more points? also, what do you think the other requirements will be?
Just chatting about this till further details are out :)

Nani.J

Jun 28, 2023
Hi all
Is anybody know that for the STEM category, we need P.Eng or not? especially for engineer NOC. On the website, under employment requirement, said P.Eng is required but I am not sure if it is NOC requirement too or not.