+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

cash handling at 2nd entry

sairasaira

Jun 30, 2012
can i bring any amount on my second entry? and also can i take any amount (the one i declared upon first enty)if i leave canada shortly after landing
please suggest

Quote from: jnathan on July 02, 2012, 10:00:45 pm
You will be taxed for the 2nd time entrance with any amount.
pippin and wayne, correct me if I am wrong.

sairasaira

Jun 30, 2012
please please ALL GURUS kindly clarify on tax part of bringing money at 2nd entry.
Am trying to understand the procedure.i have no immediate plan for coming back to my home country but my mom is SERIOUSLY ill..-and just in case i have to come back to see her or God forbid...!my coming back if required will be of short period..may be not more than 2months.i hope i dont be in any situation that asks for returning back to my home country even for shortest of while. if i come back (2nd entry) what amount of money i can bring. can i take the money back shown as POF

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sairasaira said:
please please ALL GURUS kindly clarify on tax part of bringing money at 2nd entry.
Am trying to understand the procedure.i have no immediate plan for coming back to my home country but my mom is SERIOUSLY ill..-and just in case i have to come back to see her or God forbid...!my coming back if required will be of short period..may be not more than 2months.i hope i dont be in any situation that asks for returning back to my home country even for shortest of while. if i come back (2nd entry) what amount of money i can bring. can i take the money back shown as POF
Second time or any other time after the 1st landing you are not required to show POF . However you can bring any amount and over $10000, have to declare it. There are no tax implications at the airport, if you cliam on question that it was your money in other country - no tax, if you say that you earned this money after becoming PR - then it is taxable. But no tax issues at airport. It is when you file tax returns with CRA.
You can take back the POF also.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Qorax

Would you please enlighten about this?
What is the procedure for carrying amount during the 2nd time ?

sairasaira,

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e667.pdf

This is the form you'll have to fill up and submit to the CBSA officer at the Airport in Canada after you've landed

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e667.pdf

This link will give a bit more information on 2nd time landing and declaring the funds and its taxation.

http://www.cicnews.com/2000/12/transferring-funds-landing-12381.html