App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Just wanted to share something. I was going through this forum to look up misrepresentation and 5 year ban stories (maybe I was trying to feel better about my application)
Most of the issues fall into three broad types: (there are definitely others but these were the most common)

- Omitting information. They don't care if it was your consultant's fault, you are in charge of double checking the application before it's sent. Most of the omitted information was about previous visa refusals out of fear it may "damage" the application. So please, make sure to list everything! If your consultant tells you "there's no need to let them know" be very wary of him.

- Undeclared change of status before landing: A lot of people got married or gave birth and didn't inform CIC. Then they decided to land and either declare the change at the border or not. The reason they do so is they worry adding a spouse or child will delay the application. The consequences are bad, passports seized until the case is studied they may have to return to their home country and get things fixed and they might not get the chance to sponsor their spouses and/or children ever.

- Marriages of convenience suspicions: i'm sure you all know the stories. but in case they feel the marriage was suspicious (met online, married within a month or on first time meeting, your spouse tried to come to canada before several times unsuccessfully) CIC will definitely request additional information and proof. There were also cases where one of the spouses had previous marriages and didn't declare it or that they had kids prior. It can also backfire.

This was probably one of the weirdest stories I read about a 29 year old guy who pretended he was 17:

Canada detains South Sudanese 'teen' basketball star who turns out to be 29
http://www.canadavisa.com/news/canada-detains-south-sudanese-teen-basketball-star-who-turns-out-to-be-29.html

There are many sad and scary stories of people no longer being able to sponsor their spouses and kids because of this. If you misrepresent, it will haunt you for years. If you got your PR or even your citizenship and they find out you lied at some point, they will revoke it. They have a huge database of information. And nothing can really be hidden these days. Double check your application make sure you're not forgetting anything and if you have something missing update CIC immediately.

So be honest! Just wanted to share this :) Good luck!

Reactions: moonarch

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
very useful nad i ve got my answer too...my wife had applied for job in KSA she got offer as well but her visa vas refused due to job designation/ visa category was not for female..i ll sure gonna share this to CIC...but i m dubious it wont harm or delay my application in anyway...

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
very useful nad i ve got my answer too...my wife had applied for job in KSA she got offer as well but her visa vas refused due to job designation/ visa category was not for female..i ll sure gonna share this to CIC...but i m dubious it wont harm or delay my application in anyway...
No it shouldn't. A lot of people faced similar issues and all went well (search the forum, there are several stories). It's not declaring it that can get you in trouble because they will know eventually

Reactions: moonarch

Empress1

Aug 11, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS
App. Filed.......
18-6-2018
AOR Received.
8-8-2018
Just wanted to share something. I was going through this forum to look up misrepresentation and 5 year ban stories (maybe I was trying to feel better about my application)
Most of the issues fall into three broad types: (there are definitely others but these were the most common)

- Omitting information. They don't care if it was your consultant's fault, you are in charge of double checking the application before it's sent. Most of the omitted information was about previous visa refusals out of fear it may "damage" the application. So please, make sure to list everything! If your consultant tells you "there's no need to let them know" be very wary of him.

- Undeclared change of status before landing: A lot of people got married or gave birth and didn't inform CIC. Then they decided to land and either declare the change at the border or not. The reason they do so is they worry adding a spouse or child will delay the application. The consequences are bad, passports seized until the case is studied they may have to return to their home country and get things fixed and they might not get the chance to sponsor their spouses and/or children ever.

- Marriages of convenience suspicions: i'm sure you all know the stories. but in case they feel the marriage was suspicious (met online, married within a month or on first time meeting, your spouse tried to come to canada before several times unsuccessfully) CIC will definitely request additional information and proof. There were also cases where one of the spouses had previous marriages and didn't declare it or that they had kids prior. It can also backfire.

This was probably one of the weirdest stories I read about a 29 year old guy who pretended he was 17:

Canada detains South Sudanese 'teen' basketball star who turns out to be 29
http://www.canadavisa.com/news/canada-detains-south-sudanese-teen-basketball-star-who-turns-out-to-be-29.html

There are many sad and scary stories of people no longer being able to sponsor their spouses and kids because of this. If you misrepresent, it will haunt you for years. If you got your PR or even your citizenship and they find out you lied at some point, they will revoke it. They have a huge database of information. And nothing can really be hidden these days. Double check your application make sure you're not forgetting anything and if you have something missing update CIC immediately.

So be honest! Just wanted to share this :) Good luck!
I have a question. What is someone went to England for a visit and was refused entry because the person didn't come to receive them, should they declare that also?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a question. What is someone went to England for a visit and was refused entry because the person didn't come to receive them, should they declare that also?
Yes