+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

case stage in ATIP:application retirement

applic2013

Jul 11, 2014
Hello guys,

Does any one know what all means in my recent atip record?

case stage: application retirement
case status: on hold

activities 8
type: Hearing

activities 9
type: testing

I passed the citizenship test on March 2014 with full mark. Beside the term" application retirement" that I don't know about, my question is: if my file is scaduled for citizenship judge hearing, why it is written under the test status instead of hearing status. I should mention that I am a pre_ test RQ recipient. Please find my Timline as follow:

Application sent May 2013
In process as of July 2013
RQ submitted November 2013
Test passed on March 2014

call center agents could only tell me wait up to 36 month.

I appreciate any advice

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
applic2013 said:
Does any one know what all means in my recent atip record?

case stage: application retirement
case status: on hold

activities 8
type: Hearing

activities 9
type: testing

I passed the citizenship test on March 2014 with full mark. Beside the term" application retirement" that I don't know about, my question is: if my file is scaduled for citizenship judge hearing, why it is written under the test status instead of hearing status.
It does seem like you've been scheduled for a citizenship judge hearing. Contact your MP and their staff can verify this for you and tell you how long the typical wait time is for hearings in your area.

As for why it is under the test status instead of the hearing status, I'm not sure, but I doubt there is much significance in that detail beyond indicating that you have not been scheduled for a hearing yet.

Good luck.

applic2013

Jul 11, 2014
Thanks Eileen for your advise. Have you ever seen such cases as "application retirement". I am scared needing to wait for several years. My local office is Montreal.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regarding "application retirement", no I haven't seen that before, but I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as it continues saying "on hold" and not "in process". The appearance of these "events" is based on the management and computer programmer's guess as to the generalized work flow of CIC citizenship. It's idiosyncratic and not necessarily significant or applicable to each individual.

Regarding the wait times, contact your MP. This is one of the few things they can really inform you about.

tovaritch

May 31, 2014
Hello
What is the significance of the stage (on hold or open)? I have an RQ on my file however my stage is : assess and the status is open not on hold. Do you know the difference?

applic2013

Jul 11, 2014
@eileenf: thanks again for your reply.

@tovaritch: comparing my first Atip to the recent one, my case status was also like yours before passing the test. My sens is that
they are still working on your RQ that doesn't prevent them to call you for the test even if their investigation regarding RQ documents is still in process. In my case, as eileenf advised, I have to wait for CJ hearing. I should start preparing more documents to support my RQ file.

applic2013

Jul 11, 2014
Dear all,

I would like to share my experience regarding my case stage. I found that my case stage is " application retirement" which is nothing but they wanted to close my application as cic thought I did not show up for test without any reason. Call center agents sent two emails for Montreal office explaining I passed the test,,,,,,,. However they did nothing. I sent them a letter and attached some documents from my ATIP showing the date I passed the test and my mark, because I think they are so busy to take a look in detail at my file. After one month of sending the letter they changed my case stage to "asses". I would ask any of you to contact directly to your local office if you see any unusual note or etc in your file and attach supporting documents regardless they have already a copy of them.

Good luck