+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Case specific enquiry form

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems CIC implemented a mean to notify them about your specific delayed applications via their site:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.241344459.873947521.1399486767

You may use this form if:

You have submitted an application.
Your application has exceeded normal processing times. We will not respond if your application is within normal processing times.
You wish to report important changes, such as a change in address, births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in employment or urgent requests.
You wish to change or add a Representative and you are ready to upload your Use of Representative Form (IMM5476).
You hold a study permit issued before June 1, 2014, and need a letter confirming your ability to work off campus and need a Social Insurance Number (SIN). To receive a confirmation letter, you must:
select 'International Student – Confirmation letter to work off campus' in the form below,
provide your client ID number (unique client identifier),
provide your file number (study permit number), and
attach your Letter of Enrolment or Letter of Acceptance from a designated learning institution.

Reactions: robw

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michels said:
It seems CIC implemented a mean to notify them about your specific delayed applications via their site:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.241344459.873947521.1399486767

You may use this form if:

You have submitted an application.
Your application has exceeded normal processing times. We will not respond if your application is within normal processing times.
You wish to report important changes, such as a change in address, births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in employment or urgent requests.
You wish to change or add a Representative and you are ready to upload your Use of Representative Form (IMM5476).
You hold a study permit issued before June 1, 2014, and need a letter confirming your ability to work off campus and need a Social Insurance Number (SIN). To receive a confirmation letter, you must:
select 'International Student – Confirmation letter to work off campus' in the form below,
provide your client ID number (unique client identifier),
provide your file number (study permit number), and
attach your Letter of Enrolment or Letter of Acceptance from a designated learning institution.
Thanks, Michels.

Reactions: Spagg

Temmeris

Aug 10, 2016
Hi Dear,

Can I use CSE even I've applied via VO (paper application)?
The CIC website showed 9 days as processing time while the VO stated 2-4 weeks which is about to exceed in my case too.

Thank you!

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
I used it, it's unfortunately for a lack of a better word... useless

After sending the case enquiry, I received after 7-10 days an email that states: "Your case is in process". Nothing more, nothing less...

Very disappointed.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
I used it, it's unfortunately for a lack of a better word... useless

After sending the case enquiry, I received after 7-10 days an email that states: "Your case is in process". Nothing more, nothing less...

Very disappointed.
Completely agree with that sentiment.
From my understanding case specific inquiry works like that:
1. You fill the request.
2. Request received by Referral Network (in my case Ontario Regional referral network)
3. Agent checks your credentials and eligibility.
4. If he deems necessary, sends a notice to your Local office and replies to you that application is 'in process'.
5. If not, they don't reply or reply that you are not allowed to make a request.

Notice to local office is the same as one from Call centre. They won't tell you what is wrong with application at all.
This process fails to live up to its expected name "case specific".

mr_ahmed

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22 dec 2016
Med's Done....
28 dec 2016
Passport Req..
13 march 2017
ambient2 said:
Completely agree with that sentiment.
From my understanding case specific inquiry works like that:
1. You fill the request.
2. Request received by Referral Network (in my case Ontario Regional referral network)
3. Agent checks your credentials and eligibility.
4. If he deems necessary, sends a notice to your Local office and replies to you that application is 'in process'.
5. If not, they don't reply or reply that you are not allowed to make a request.

Notice to local office is the same as one from Call centre. They won't tell you what is wrong with application at all.
This process fails to live up to its expected name "case specific".

hi,

i need to urgently let CIC know that my company's HR manager has left his job and the country. his email and phone number is not active. is CSE the best way to inform them that they should contact a new HR staff, at new email/phone number? thanks

harsh20

Apr 23, 2017
I submitted my application for Express Entry, but unfortunately missed to upload my degrees and only uploaded the WES report.

Can any suggest raising CSE and uploading my degree there will help me to avoid rejection of my application ?

Please suggest

manag

Apr 11, 2017
I submitted my application for Express Entry, but unfortunately missed to upload my degrees and only uploaded the WES report.

Can any suggest raising CSE and uploading my degree there will help me to avoid rejection of my application ?

Please suggest
There is a section in the CSE to upload additional documents. You can try submitting your documents as well as attempt to call the contact center.

They do update the application with additional docs. My husband got a new passport after PR application submission and they updated his passport on the file without any issues. CIC will not stamp the COPR on a passport they do not have on file.

Last edited:

Pk2can

Aug 14, 2017
I submitted my profile & received ITA. My problem is that I have mentioned the name of my institution as the name of my college but the WES report mentions only University of Mumbai to which my college is affiliated to & there is no mention of my institute name.
My question is:
1. Is this a serious problem & can this me a cause of rejection?
2. If yes, is there any way to correct it?

Qcludovic

Jun 10, 2017
I used the enquiry to let them know that I will travel for 6 weeks... that f they want to give exam it should be b4 or after my vacation.. and they replied that they will transfer it to the office handling my application..

Wayne_Tran

Feb 6, 2017
Hong Kong
Category........
PNP
Hi Dears,

I am EE applicant. I got medical passed this Nov and hopefully receive PPR in next few months.

I'd like to update my daughter's new passport because her current passport will be expired in next year that why I need to use CSE.

My question is which type of relationship to applicant (included 03 types are applicant, representative & sponsor) I have to choose in "relationship to applicant" box in section of Enquirer information.

Thanks in advanced