+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Case Specific Enquiries

fuzzfuzz

Mar 13, 2013
Hi guys, so our 48 months processing time that was originally told to us in our letters has now been exceeded.

We submitted a case-specific enquiry to the London office today, however when submitting it said they may not respond if the "normal processing time" has not yet been exceeded.

When we applied the normal processing time was 36-48 months, now it's showing as 97 months. Does this mean we won't get a response for another 4 years?! And if by then they have extended the time even more? Or does our original processing time still apply?

It's getting a bit ridiculous now, we really want to move on with our lives instead of holding back on so many things just because of waiting for the situation to change.

Does anybody else have experience with this? Or anybody else who applied in August 2009 for Entrepreneur class from the London office, have you had any progress or any tips? We ordered our CAIPS notes back in May and on those it said something about 48 months for a new white paper or something? (I don't have the document to hand now so going by memory)

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
fuzzfuzz said:
Or does our original processing time still apply?
Whatever processing time is displayed now is the one that applies.

sckel

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2007
Doc's Request.
12/12/2011
AOR Received.
15/10/2007
Med's Request
12/11/13
Med's Done....
16/12/13
Passport Req..
26/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/3/14
LANDED..........
12/4/14
Scylla is absolutely correct that the current processing times would be what you are looking at for case processing.

However, in my case, my original letter said 36 - 48 months (federal entrepreneur - POS Trinidad sept 2007), when the 48 months passed I did a case specific enquiry and did get a response from CIC firstly saying that these applications were not being processed due to ministerial instructions... when I pointed out that the ministerial instructions did not apply to Fed Entr cases, they requested that I submit all of my updated documents.

That was over 1 year ago and I have heard nothing since.... GCMS notes show nothing done with my file since the documents were received other than "sent to officer for review".

The average processing time for these cases in POS is also around the 96 month mark and based on the pace of my application I would assume that to be correct.

Hope this helps

Lubs64

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
Hi FuzzFuzz.
I am in the same boat as you, my 48 Months came up in July. I wrote to London visa office and they sent me a standard reply, which leaves me none the wiser how long I have to wait.

"Dear Sir/Madam,

We are writing with regards to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please be advised that your application is currently in a queue awaiting review. At the moment, we cannot give any more advice on how much longer the applicant will have to wait regarding the processing of their file.
Please note that, as you may be aware, this office has taken over responsibility for the processing of economic applications from the Visa Office in Islamabad. We are factoring in all relevant priorities but are attending to the oldest Business-class cases first. This has reflected upon our usual processing times for all Business-class categories and will do for some time" .....................

They go on to say basically, do not call us we will call you.
What I do not quite understand, is that they say that they are attending to the oldest Business-class first, but I am aware of one Investor application with a AOR August 2009 and the application is in the final stage of completion. So I would question if federal entrepreneur applications are being held back.

sckel

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2007
Doc's Request.
12/12/2011
AOR Received.
15/10/2007
Med's Request
12/11/13
Med's Done....
16/12/13
Passport Req..
26/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
27/3/14
LANDED..........
12/4/14
Well just to update everyone, I sent an email to CIC last week Tuesday stating that 72 months have passed since our application was filed, more than 12 months passed since we submitted all of the documents that they requested and reminding them that our AOR stated 36 - 48 months.

To date they have not replied... This is not the first time that we requested an update on our application and did not receive a reply from CIC.

Lubs64

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
ayanab7 said:
hi, same here, i have reached 48 months. nothing heard yet. :'(
Hi ayanab7, Which visa office have you applied through?

Hi fuzzfuzz, Have you contacted London Visa office? If so have they replied?

sckel said:
Well just to update everyone, I sent an email to CIC last week Tuesday stating that 72 months have passed since our application was filed, more than 12 months passed since we submitted all of the documents that they requested and reminding them that our AOR stated 36 - 48 months.

To date they have not replied... This is not the first time that we requested an update on our application and did not receive a reply from CIC.
Hi sckel, I was thinking of giving you a shout to see how your application is progressing, by the look of things it seems your application has not progressed at all. Port of Spain Visa office is not a main processing point, so why can they not even send you a reply to your query's. I understand that they have to verify documents etc, but this long?

There has been a change in my family circumstances, so I wrote to CIC London asking to withdraw my sons name from my application and get a refund of the fees. It has been nearly two months and I have still not had a reply. Would anyone know what the procedure is to get a refund of fees?
Regards Lubs64