+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Case Rejected (Need Help)

chaudhryis

Jul 2, 2009
Hi,

I have been taking tremendous tips and ideas from this forum, however sadly my case was declined early this year after waiting for nearly 30 months (My Case File Should have Scored 82) . The reason they decliend my case was because my BBA and MBA was not from an accredited university (Even Though I spent the same amount of time "4 Years" for the Degree). Even my Wifes BBA was from same University thus no points were awarded for that as well. I tried to get an external avaluation from Naric UK to prove that the course work is the same, but that also didnt prove the case. I had given up on Canada's immigration but just recently I had an Idea which I wanted advice from all.

As doing an MBA after immigration was always on the cards, now I am thinking to apply as a "Student" into a 12 Months MBA Program coming January or September Intake, in a reasonably priced University (With In CAD$ 20,000 For Tution As I will be Charged more being an international student).

I complete my program after 12 months and apply for the new "Work Permit" for Canadian Students (Which should be valid for about 12 Months) and then I find work with Canadian Credentials and also apply for Immigration while I am in Canada.

Lets Say if I get a PR Granted towards the end of my second year then The entire period while I was on temporary visa's will be counted as "Half" i.e. One Year and thus I have to stay another Two Years as a PR Holder to obtain Citizenship . In All I will have to stay about an Year Extra Which any ways is less then the waiting period of a new application for Immigration.

Now I wanted advice from all that is this a doable proposition, and if yes then would anyone be able to answer the following;

1. Can I apply for Permanent Reisdency with a "One Year" Study program?
2. Is It mandatory to work for a full one year after finishing studies, before applying for the Permanent residency.
3. I Heard while you are applying from within Canada the PR processing time is 6-8 Months. Can Any One confirm that Please?
4. I would certaining have a Canadian MBA then but will they deduct any points or evaluate my BBA (Which Still remains NON Accredited) while calculating points for my Education?

I would really appreciate if any one could help me on my concerns and I pray that No one falls a victum of a "NON ACCREDITED" Education, only realsing after spending 4-5 years in education.

Thanks

Imran.

surfturtle

Sep 10, 2008
Hi Imran, sorry to hear this but good to know that you are still motivated and looking for alternate options to emigrate to Canada. If you have the means and you are prepared to do MBA from a Canadian Uni then I'd say its a good option because after one year of full time study and one year of continuous full time experience in Canada after your graduation you can apply for PR under Canadian Experience Class. More information is available at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

The way I see it is that during your study period you will have enough time and resources to network in Canada to score a job right after your graduation. It gets much easier when you are there. Furthermore, after doing MBA from Canada you need not worry about your "non-accredited" BBA because you will be assessed based on your Canadian education and experience under CEC.

Good luck!

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
chaudhryis said:
Hi,

I have been taking tremendous tips and ideas from this forum, however sadly my case was declined early this year after waiting for nearly 30 months (My Case File Should have Scored 82) . The reason they decliend my case was because my BBA and MBA was not from an accredited university (Even Though I spent the same amount of time "4 Years" for the Degree). Even my Wifes BBA was from same University thus no points were awarded for that as well. I tried to get an external avaluation from Naric UK to prove that the course work is the same, but that also didnt prove the case. I had given up on Canada's immigration but just recently I had an Idea which I wanted advice from all.

As doing an MBA after immigration was always on the cards, now I am thinking to apply as a "Student" into a 12 Months MBA Program coming January or September Intake, in a reasonably priced University (With In CAD$ 20,000 For Tution As I will be Charged more being an international student).

I complete my program after 12 months and apply for the new "Work Permit" for Canadian Students (Which should be valid for about 12 Months) and then I find work with Canadian Credentials and also apply for Immigration while I am in Canada.

Lets Say if I get a PR Granted towards the end of my second year then The entire period while I was on temporary visa's will be counted as "Half" i.e. One Year and thus I have to stay another Two Years as a PR Holder to obtain Citizenship . In All I will have to stay about an Year Extra Which any ways is less then the waiting period of a new application for Immigration.

Now I wanted advice from all that is this a doable proposition, and if yes then would anyone be able to answer the following;

1. Can I apply for Permanent Reisdency with a "One Year" Study program?
2. Is It mandatory to work for a full one year after finishing studies, before applying for the Permanent residency.
3. I Heard while you are applying from within Canada the PR processing time is 6-8 Months. Can Any One confirm that Please?
4. I would certaining have a Canadian MBA then but will they deduct any points or evaluate my BBA (Which Still remains NON Accredited) while calculating points for my Education?

I would really appreciate if any one could help me on my concerns and I pray that No one falls a victum of a "NON ACCREDITED" Education, only realsing after spending 4-5 years in education.

Thanks

Imran.
which county have you done BBA from?

Manj

Star Member
Jun 22, 2009
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2009
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Done....
11-10-2012
Interview........
21-07-2012
You have the will power man, so you will succeed.
Please state your age and family composition. What universities you did your BBA & MBA from?

Manj

chaudhryis

Jul 2, 2009
Thank you for your replies everyone. Well I am 29 married with Two Boys (One is 3 Yrs Old and The Other is about 2 Months). I did my BBA and MBA both from United Arab Emirates. The universities were "Affiliated" with American Universities and both my degrees came from the States. Both were Big facilities, no one could doubt if they are non accredited. But thats the realiality now.

Doing an MBA after immigration was planned already. With a budget of CAD $ 20,000 I could have entered it a decent top tier program but now because of the international fee differences of nearly 60% I could only choose some not so great programs.

Lets see if this would be a helpful step. I know a thing or two about web based ecommerce ideas and I have identified an Online business of "Home Healthcare Products" while I am studying. I could operate that from home I guess and Dispatch the products directly from the vendors. (at least thats my idea). Otherwise I would blowup all my savings if I had to sit and feed my family and pay rent and study at the same time.

If some ones interested in the following this route, I found the following few universities of interest;

1. University of Regina, One Year MBA Program Cost CAD $ 21,000/- (Regina, Saskeschewan)
2. Ryerson University, One Year MBA Program Cost CAD $ 20,000/- (Toronto, Ontario)
3. Memorial University, Two Year MBA Program Cost CAD $ 5,500/- Per Year (Total CAD $ 11,000) (St. Paul, Newfoundland)

If I Do MBA from Regina that would entitle me to the Saskeschewan Nomination Program, in which you just need to work 6 Months after Studying.

If I Do MBA from Ryerson, then its in Toronto, plenty of job opportunities and even an association with Rogers Enterprise, so you might be placed well. Also your classmates might be well networked people, possibly already working some where.

Memorial was only ecnomical tution fee wise, no other charm.

Please elaborate if some one has any other helpful research on this topic.

Thanks

Imran

chaudhryis

Jul 2, 2009
Oh One more thing which I feel has made me take this decision is that my boys will be soon entering their full time education. It costs nearly CAD$ 6000 per year to educate each child here in United Arab Emirates. So looking at my finances I would be saving at least CAD$ 12000 each year only in free child education in Canada. Plus the Child benefits and the healthcare. I am not interested in this money wise, but the point is even if I spend CAD$ 6000 on each child for their education in UAE, the standard is no way comparable to Canadian Education standards.

I guess by studying my self and spending this money now. I am just paying it forward for my Children.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chaudhryis said:
Oh One more thing which I feel has made me take this decision is that my boys will be soon entering their full time education. It costs nearly CAD$ 6000 per year to educate each child here in United Arab Emirates. So looking at my finances I would be saving at least CAD$ 12000 each year only in free child education in Canada. Plus the Child benefits and the healthcare. I am not interested in this money wise, but the point is even if I spend CAD$ 6000 on each child for their education in UAE, the standard is no way comparable to Canadian Education standards.

I guess by studying my self and spending this money now. I am just paying it forward for my Children.
Good thinking, wise man. Best Wishes!!

surfturtle

Sep 10, 2008
chaudhryis said:
Thank you for your replies everyone. Well I am 29 married with Two Boys (One is 3 Yrs Old and The Other is about 2 Months). I did my BBA and MBA both from United Arab Emirates. The universities were "Affiliated" with American Universities and both my degrees came from the States. Both were Big facilities, no one could doubt if they are non accredited. But thats the realiality now.

Doing an MBA after immigration was planned already. With a budget of CAD $ 20,000 I could have entered it a decent top tier program but now because of the international fee differences of nearly 60% I could only choose some not so great programs.

Lets see if this would be a helpful step. I know a thing or two about web based ecommerce ideas and I have identified an Online business of "Home Healthcare Products" while I am studying. I could operate that from home I guess and Dispatch the products directly from the vendors. (at least thats my idea). Otherwise I would blowup all my savings if I had to sit and feed my family and pay rent and study at the same time.

If some ones interested in the following this route, I found the following few universities of interest;

1. University of Regina, One Year MBA Program Cost CAD $ 21,000/- (Regina, Saskeschewan)
2. Ryerson University, One Year MBA Program Cost CAD $ 20,000/- (Toronto, Ontario)
3. Memorial University, Two Year MBA Program Cost CAD $ 5,500/- Per Year (Total CAD $ 11,000) (St. Paul, Newfoundland)

If I Do MBA from Regina that would entitle me to the Saskeschewan Nomination Program, in which you just need to work 6 Months after Studying.

If I Do MBA from Ryerson, then its in Toronto, plenty of job opportunities and even an association with Rogers Enterprise, so you might be placed well. Also your classmates might be well networked people, possibly already working some where.

Memorial was only ecnomical tution fee wise, no other charm.

Please elaborate if some one has any other helpful research on this topic.

Thanks

Imran
Sounds like a solid plan Imran. You seem like a man with vision. Trust your instincts and do what you think is best. I sincerely hope you don't face any hurdles in your application for a student visa.