+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Case registered against me while transiting via Germany - need help, will it impact work permit?

Ashwin2103

Jun 21, 2022
Hi All,
While travelling from India to Canada via Frankfurt, Germany, case has been registered for carrying classic shaving blades in the carry on baggage. Not sure how it missed the security clearance in India. I have been booked for offense and after two months I have been instructed to get in touch with jurisdiction to know about the proceedings.
Currently I am temporary work permit and I am planning to extend my work permit, Whether this will impact my work permit extension and do I need to mention it while applying it for extension.
Can you please someone guide me on this. I am bit distressed due to this.

Last edited:

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Hi All,
While travelling from India to Canada via Frankfurt, Germany, case has been registered for carrying classic shaving blades in the check-in bag. Not sure how it missed the security clearance in India. I have been booked for offense and after two months I have been instructed to get in touch with jurisdiction to know about the proceedings.
Currently I am temporary work permit and I am planning to extend my work permit, Whether this will impact my work permit extension and do I need to mention it while applying it for extension.
Don't know where the problem is.. the shaver was in the luggage that got checked in? Right? Not in your overhead compartment..?
https://www.sirhare.com/blogs/shaving/can-you-bring-a-razor-on-a-plane

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,
While travelling from India to Canada via Frankfurt, Germany, case has been registered for carrying classic shaving blades in the carry on baggage. Not sure how it missed the security clearance in India. I have been booked for offense and after two months I have been instructed to get in touch with jurisdiction to know about the proceedings.
I would speak with a Canadian immigration lawyer. You would need to declare this charge in your work permit extension if there are charges pending

Reactions: Ashwin2103

Ashwin2103

Jun 21, 2022
I would speak with a Canadian immigration lawyer. You would need to declare this charge in your work permit extension if there are charges pending
Thanks for your response. If I mention this, whether I need to provide any other additional documents on it.