+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Case processing agent/ officer

Bayanta

Star Member
Jun 29, 2018
Hi,
I have a question. I received my GCMS notes and the case processing agent seems to approve my application. Now, it's in the criminality check, security not started, and the officer has not done the final review. Is it possible for the officer to refuse an application after it was approved by the case processing agent? What I've reading it that at this stage, an application would only be refused if there was an issue in the criminality/ security check. Is that correct?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi,
I have a question. I received my GCMS notes and the case processing agent seems to approve my application. Now, it's in the criminality check, security not started, and the officer has not done the final review. Is it possible for the officer to refuse an application after it was approved by the case processing agent? What I've reading it that at this stage, an application would only be refused if there was an issue in the criminality/ security check. Is that correct?
All case processing agent does is input information into the global case management system . In layman’s terms
Data entry for applications
Of course it can refused , they aren’t trained to be visa officers

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi,
What is your AOR, you may requested the Gcms Notes too soon

Bayanta

Star Member
Jun 29, 2018
All case processing agent does is input information into the global case management system . In layman’s terms
Data entry for applications
Of course it can refused , they aren’t trained to be visa officers
Then what's the difference between the case processing agent and the program assistant?

Reactions: wingsofhope

Bayanta

Star Member
Jun 29, 2018
What is your AOR, you may requested the Gcms Notes too soon
AOR December 15, 2019
Program assistant review: Jan 09, 2020
Case processing agent review: Jan 23, 2020. One the same day, I received the RPRF. Nothing after that!
GCMS notes received August 23.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
AOR December 15, 2019
Program assistant review: Jan 09, 2020
Case processing agent review: Jan 23, 2020. One the same day, I received the RPRF. Nothing after that!
GCMS notes received August 23.
Hi, thanks for sharing. It's been a long wait and receiving RPRF request is a good sign. If an applicant receives a request for the RPRF fee then it usually means that eligibility is recommended passed or passed. Since it's a review by an agent it's not passed by an Officer as yet. If you look through the "Notes" section in the last few pages of your Gcms Notes it may yield some more insight.

Reactions: Bayanta

Bayanta

Star Member
Jun 29, 2018
Hi, thanks for sharing. It's been a long wait and receiving RPRF request is a good sign. If an applicant receives a request for the RPRF fee then it usually means that eligibility is recommended passed or passed. Since it's a review by an agent it's not passed by an Officer as yet. If you look through the "Notes" section in the last few pages of your Gcms Notes it may yield some more insight.
Thank you for your reply. I've looked through the notes, nothing besides the two reviews. But I guess nothing to do but wait!

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thank you for your reply. I've looked through the notes, nothing besides the two reviews. But I guess nothing to do but wait!
You are welcome, the application will follow its course and hope in due time you receive further updates