Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 28, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 4, 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 15th 2014
I successfully landed in Carway on Saturday, Feb 15, 2014. Here is my experience:

First of all, I drove from Fort McMurray to Calgary on Friday and reached Calgary around 6.00pm and We decided to drive right away to Carway same evening - Bad Idea.
I went there and reached the border after 2.5 Hours and there was a bog line up of Canadians entering the US with OUR Canadian Flags in their car - I guess they were travelling for a game or something. I spent around 30 Minutes in the line up next to the Canadian border before entering the US. Due to the delay, I stopped my car and went inside the Canadian Border to talk to the officer about my landing. He then told me that the immigration was closed at 6.30pm and I have to come back in the morning between 7.00am to 6.00pm. I was disappointed as I thought it was open until 11.00pm.

It was actually open until 11.00pm but for landing (Immigration) purposes I had to be there between 7am to 6pm. So I returned to Calgary that night.

Next day, I again reached the border during the day, there were less traffic to the US. I also noticed a couple who were in the line up and they made a u-turn without entering the US Border to head back to the Canadian border. After a few minutes, I saw them again coming back to the US Border line up. I asked them if they were here for Landing and they said yes, and that it was not possible to complete the landing without entering the US Border. This is a formality they had to undergo or else, they won't be able to complete the Landing - They were advise so.

So after few minutes, I reached the US Border and the office himself asked me without me asking anything:" You guys are here for Canada Landing purposes?' I said yes, and he asked us to park and come binside the office. He kept our passports. After again few minutes spent inside, another office came with a letter and our passports and told us that we were good to go back to Canada. So when I reached the canadian border again, I handed the passport and the COPR and the US Letter to the officer and he asked us to park and come inside the building. Please note that there was just a few cars parked in the parking spot at the canadian border. So i went inside. There; i saw 4 people who had their canada Post xpress enveloppe with them and guess what? They aere all there to do the landing.

So we sat down for 15 minutes and the officer called our names and we went there. She handed us a letter to read about being Canadian, about SIN stuffs, etc... and again after 10 Minutes she called us back. She was rewally nice but also stated that if we knew that there were Immigration offices in Calgary and Edmonton who would complete our landing? I said no. And safter verifying our details and confirming our addresses, we signed the COPR and she attached it to our passports. And she said " You are now Permanent residents and you are good to go"... We were so happy... We headed back to Calgary singing ... lol

Reactions: MAAN18

horvathc

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Canada, Alberta, Fort McMurray
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
None - Visa exempt country
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience about landing!
We are planing to land on this Saturday, I hope everything will be smooth. :)
I will share our experience later...

horvathc

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Canada, Alberta, Fort McMurray
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
None - Visa exempt country
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
Our landing experience in here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/share-your-beautiful-landing-experience-p-d-d-t204817.0.html;msg3480068#msg3480068

8)