10-03-2010
Passport Req..
27-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
24-01-2011
Hello all the members

I am going to canada on PR on 24th of Jan. I have some questions with me like which goods i can carry with me and which i can't while landing to Canada for the first time. Goods like Pickles, flour, pulses, spices all food stuff. Can you please advice me if anyone had a problem while lending there with these food stuff. Can you please share your experience with me.

Thanks

Kunal.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why carry all this when it is very likely to be available in Canada.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kunal203 said:
Hello all the members

I am going to canada on PR on 24th of Jan. I have some questions with me like which goods i can carry with me and which i can't while landing to Canada for the first time. Goods like Pickles, flour, pulses, spices all food stuff. Can you please advice me if anyone had a problem while lending there with these food stuff. Can you please share your experience with me.

Thanks

Kunal.
Flour pickels pulses etc available in Canada, you can purchase some of your favourite spices (Garam Masala) , becasue all brands of Garam masala are not available, my favorite garam masala from Vadodara is not available here in the USA and even not available in Canada too, its costly for me to get it in post/courrier (AIR / SEA).

OMM

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kunal203 said:
Hello all the members

Thanks

Kunal.
First of all you have to decide what are your priority items to carry with you. Depending the number of your accompanied family members you should sort out all the items to be carried. You are only allowed to take 23 kg x 2 bag = 46 kg per person plus 7 or 8 kg as hand carry in the flight. Also you should consider the weight of your empty suitcases . If one suitcase weigh minimum 4 kg, means one passenger can carry 38 kg materials only. According to space ( weight ) of suitcases you may carry as much as assorted (processed )food stuff to complete the allowed weight limit. There are Indian/Srilankan/Pakistani stores in Canada where you can get almost all the items what you use except certain brands.