+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Carrying funds with me to canada

Mohit2889

Apr 15, 2017
Hi everyone
I am landing in Toronto on 13 Feb from India. I need to know what are the various possible ways that I can bring funds to Canada. Please suggest me a cheap and affordable way to do so. Can I simply carry balance certificates from banks in India. If I do so how do I transfer funds to Canadian Bank Accounts what are the charges that I may have to face. Also is there any way if I could open a Canadian bank Account before landing in Canada. What are the best plans available in the market.
Thanks in Advance

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
Cheapest and safest option is a wire transfer.
Yes you can open a bank account before arriving. Contact any of the banks directly to find out the process. They are RBC, TD, Scotia, CIBC and BMO
You can change bank accounts easily, so I would suggest you focus on getting your money here, and once here spend some time on figuring out the best bank package for you. Then change to what you want.

chitra kahlon

Jun 8, 2017
Hello everyone. . m landing in Toronto from India, with my family in March 2018. I had some queries regarding the Proof of Funds (POF) to be shown at airport while landing.
By what all modes can I show them? I have heard mixed reviews about all these..-
1. Forex card
2. Traveller's cheque
3. Gold
4. Bank statements
5. Bank FD's
6. PPF statement

What all are accepted as POF? Anyone already gone through this please ..please provide some inputs...
Thank you in advance!