+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Carleton Universoty 2018 Intake

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys, I applied for PhD in Sociology to Carleton. My Status has changed to "recommended for assessment" since February 16. Any hope?
They have likely sent out 1st round offers and are waiting to hear back from applicants. You haven't gotten a refusal so I assume you are on a waitlist. Otherwise the department is still meeting with supervisors seeing who to offer admission to but seems a little late for that.

swathi138

Apr 18, 2018
Hello Everyone, I have applied for M.Eng program in carleton university for september 2018 .

My profile is :
UG : EEE
Work experience around : 18 months in Cs background
==
SSC-89%,
HSC-78%,
cgpa-7.74(no backlogs),
IELTS-7(R-7.0,L:6.0,S:7.5,W-6.5).
====

Still My application status is in Preliminary review required, it has been 3 months i have applied to Carleton university fro Masters of electrical and computer engineering.

Any chances of getting admission ?

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
Hey Everyone,

Applied for Sept' 2018 Fall intake.

After 3 months my status directly changed from "Preliminary review required" to "Recommended for assessment".

Does anyone has any idea, how much time will it take from here to get the decision ?

I am afraid, if their decision comes late then I may not have enough time to get Visa. The current visa processing time at IRCC is showing close to 8 weeks / 2 months

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey Everyone,

Applied for Sept' 2018 Fall intake.

After 3 months my status directly changed from "Preliminary review required" to "Recommended for assessment".

Does anyone has any idea, how much time will it take from here to get the decision ?

I am afraid, if their decision comes late then I may not have enough time to get Visa. The current visa processing time at IRCC is showing close to 8 weeks / 2 months
Seems like are on a waiting list if 1st round offers have already gone out. I wouldn't worry too much. As long as your application is strong masters and PhD students tend to get processed in a reasonable amount of time. Nothing much you can do just don't delay applying for the visa if/when you get admission.

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
Seems like are on a waiting list if 1st round offers have already gone out. I wouldn't worry too much. As long as your application is strong masters and PhD students tend to get processed in a reasonable amount of time. Nothing much you can do just don't delay applying for the visa if/when you get admission.
Thanks for your kind words.

In case there is very short time left to obtain visa for fall 2018, can I defer the admission to Jan 2019. Will the spot guaranteed for me in Jan 2019 or my application again need to compete against the Jan 2019 applicants?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your kind words.

In case there is very short time left to obtain visa for fall 2018, can I defer the admission to Jan 2019. Will the spot guaranteed for me in Jan 2019 or my application again need to compete against the Jan 2019 applicants?
It's up to the university whether you can defer your admission. You still have quite a lot time so don't worry too much.

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
Two weeks back, my status changed from Step-1 (Preliminary review required) to Step-3 (Recommended for assessment).

I was hoping that, in few days, it would move to Step-4 (Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs).

To my surprise, today what I see is that, it has gone back to Step-2 (Review in progress by department). :eek: