Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2016
LANDED..........
Soon
Jasmine51 said:
Hey denmanveer,
First of all sorry for replying so late.. And regarding ur queries I wud certainly answer them.

1. Why I chose Carleton over university of Victoria ?
Ans- actually I applied for MEng under ECE at both Carleton and Victoria univ but at the time of application uvic opened deir new program MTIS( masters of telecommunication and information security) and put a halt on deir ME in ECE program. The scenario is , though MTIS is grt program and I am grtly interested in dis field but it is one year program and I wud get pgwp of 1 yr only. Also the course catalogue is not according to my interest(very few courses) and it is a new program which wud start in fall 2015 for first tym and den why to take risk when I know Carleton is great univ for engineering. Even the graduate students of uvic suggested me to go to Carleton.( there is a long list why I chose carleton, if u want I can PM u).

2.why I chose Carleton over queen or univ of Ottawa or any other Ontario univ?
Ans- Dear again queen's program is 1 yr long and abt univ of Ottawa den Carleton univ much better than univ of Ottawa in terms of electrical engineering( though ECE is a joint program of Carleton and univ of Ottawa but choice of courses of my interest is much better at Carleton univ). Moreover the reviews of administration team of Carleton is way better than any other univ and I have experienced it also.

P.S- these all were my reason why I chose Carleton over uvic or other univ. but may be dis doesn't imply to anyone else. I did thorough study abt all univ and also followed dis forum and asked for help from many members of dis forum and it was after all dis that I came to a decision.
I never applied to high rank univ as I was not sure I wud get admsn dere or not, never wanted to waste hard earned money of my parents so I scrutinised everything and chose 2 univ to apply and I got admsn at both of them.
Rest is all ur hard work which wud bring fruits to u.
All d best for ur future dear. Hope my reply helped u.
Thanku so much mam,
For helping me out by answering all my questions,
I will love to hear the reasons which made you choose Carleton uni. Over other universities
Specially Uni. Of ottawa,

Moreover mam if we talk about money,
Uni. Of ottawa is much cheaper than Carleton ,

Also Uni. Of ottawa is Very old uni. Nd very reputed also, nd also it is a government university.

Thanks.

Jasmine51

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
IELTS Request
04-09-2014
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2015
denmanveer said:
Thanku so much mam,
For helping me out by answering all my questions,
I will love to hear the reasons which made you choose Carleton uni. Over other universities
Specially Uni. Of ottawa,

Moreover mam if we talk about money,
Uni. Of ottawa is much cheaper than Carleton ,

Also Uni. Of ottawa is Very old uni. Nd very reputed also, nd also it is a government university.

My number is 94-6464-7777,
If you can add me on whats app,
I will be very thankful to you,

Thanks.
Hello dear ,

As I told u earlier too that Carleton is more reputed for electrical engineering than Ottawa as far as I know. One of my profs studied at Carleton univ and he suggested me to study here. Other than this, course catalogue plays a grt role. I am more interested in wireless and telecom and there are plenty of rltd courses at Carleton than in univ of Ottawa. And if the question is that univ of Ottawa is public university then u must be knowing that Carleton too is a public univ.

In a nutshell I wud say, both universities are grt no doubt in it, both have joint program for electrical and computer eng since 1983. One can choose courses from both univs( I can choose courses of university of Ottawa also If I find myself interested in some). But my inclination was always towards Carleton( may be my profs did his masters dere and he suggested me so and also I am in contact wid Carleton graduates and they too suggested me dis university).

And lastly fee difference is not much between Carleton and univ of Ottawa , firstly it was $7500 for Carleton and arnd $6900 for university of Ottawa but now i think both have increased deir fee. So difference is not much.
Gud luck

P.S- as I told u before also these all r my views, may be some people disagree wid me but for me these were d reasons why I chose Carleton. Rest u do ur own study abt univs thoroughly and den take any decision, after all it's ur future.
Thank u

denmanveer

Star Member
May 1, 2015
Jalandhar, Punjab
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
IELTS Request
01-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
29-07-2016
LANDED..........
Soon
Jasmine51 said:
Hello dear ,

As I told u earlier too that Carleton is more reputed for electrical engineering than Ottawa as far as I know. One of my profs studied at Carleton univ and he suggested me to study here. Other than this, course catalogue plays a grt role. I am more interested in wireless and telecom and there are plenty of rltd courses at Carleton than in univ of Ottawa. And if the question is that univ of Ottawa is public university then u must be knowing that Carleton too is a public univ.

In a nutshell I wud say, both universities are grt no doubt in it, both have joint program for electrical and computer eng since 1983. One can choose courses from both univs( I can choose courses of university of Ottawa also If I find myself interested in some). But my inclination was always towards Carleton( may be my profs did his masters dere and he suggested me so and also I am in contact wid Carleton graduates and they too suggested me dis university).

And lastly fee difference is not much between Carleton and univ of Ottawa , firstly it was $7500 for Carleton and arnd $6900 for university of Ottawa but now i think both have increased deir fee. So difference is not much.
Gud luck

P.S- as I told u before also these all r my views, may be some people disagree wid me but for me these were d reasons why I chose Carleton. Rest u do ur own study abt univs thoroughly and den take any decision, after all it's ur future.
Thank u
Thank you so much mam,
will love to contact you in future also,
can you share your email id or fb id ,
through which I can be in contact with you.
If I need any help in future.

thanks in advance.

Jasmine51

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
IELTS Request
04-09-2014
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2015
harrydang said:
Hello,

Finally I've got accepted from University of Guelph!
[/quote
Waao dats grt..congratulations dear

himal015

Jan 30, 2015
Nepal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got message that my passport is dispatched from visa office to vfs yesterday.. But no approval email yet... Does it mean I am rejected?

Does not visa office( high commission) send email on rejection?

himal015

Jan 30, 2015
Nepal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thats message is from VFS tracking not from High commission, delhi..

So worried no email from Visa office

Jasmine51

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
IELTS Request
04-09-2014
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2015
himal015 said:
Finally , received visa approval email today ( Saturday ) morning
Hey Waao congoo

alice611994

Oct 16, 2014
Hi,
I have also applied for Meng in ECE for fall 2015 department but my status states that it is under review of the department for about 5 to 6 months .
Please someone tell me how mch time does the department take to review as it has been months.

himal015

Jan 30, 2015
Nepal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alice611994 said:
Hi,
I have also applied for Meng in ECE for fall 2015 department but my status states that it is under review of the department for about 5 to 6 months .
Please someone tell me how mch time does the department take to review as it has been months.
[/quote

Hope for winter 2016

Rudr

Jul 1, 2015
I got admission in university of Victoria for master of engineering in Telecommunication and Information security. This is one year course and one year co op optional. I am really confused so please help me and provide information how much year study visa I will get? I have also got admission in university of Carleton for Meng in electrical and computer engineering. Please provide information.

himal015

Jan 30, 2015
Nepal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rudr said:
I got admission in university of Victoria for master of engineering in Telecommunication and Information security. This is one year course and one year co op optional. I am really confused so please help me and provide information how much year study visa I will get? I have also got admission in university of Carleton for Meng in electrical and computer engineering. Please provide information.
your visa will be no. of years of study + 3 months