+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Carleton Sept 2016 (Fall Intake) Here

SandraRotaru

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Yeah that's what i thought. There is a large gap between your previous schooling and this one.2007-2016. Also, you said you asked for financial support. I think the first reason was the real one, though, JUST MY OPINION.

SandraRotaru

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Nop. Been more than a week and I'm still waiting for their e-mail. If the GA department could answer to my questions, why can't the electronics dept do the same, to their own forwarded message :(?

WardaKhoso

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Hey guys, I need urgent help on this! If anybody has experienced this please let me know!

I applied for my Canadian Student Visa on 12th of Feb 2016, but I haven't heard from the embassy till date! They haven't even asked for my medicals yet! Why is the long delay? I applied through VAC, whenever I track my application it says " Processed passport has been forwarded to Canada visa office Islamabad on 12/2/16. It's been more than 3 months. Does long delay usually means negative answer?

WardaKhoso

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Hey guys, I need urgent help on this! If anybody has experienced this please let me know!

I applied for my Canadian Student Visa on 12th of Feb 2016, but I haven't heard from the embassy till date! They haven't even asked for my medicals yet! Why is the long delay? I applied through VAC, whenever I track my application it says " Processed passport has been forwarded to Canada visa office Islamabad on 12/2/16. It's been more than 3 months. Does long delay usually means negative answer?

satyam14

May 26, 2016
any updates anyone?
i am having somewhat same problem like you sandra,i have applied for masters in information security in carleton for september intake but haven't got any update on my application but i applied on 14th april,so i am thinking of applying again for the january intake because they don't forward your same application for winter intake and side by side i'll go to conestoga college as i got there acceptance letter for september.
if i'll get a acceptance for winter intake then ill shift to carleton otherwise ill carry on with my conestoga PGD in this way my 6 months will not be wasted if i get rejected also.
you can think of something like this too. ;D

SandraRotaru

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Got accepted to Algonquin for winter so I might do that.
I am thinking of reapplying for winter for Carleton. The tax is not that much of a loss. I was hoping there was some form you could send them to ask to move your application for winter.
What annoys me most is 2 weeks without reply to their own e-mail (one department to the other)

satyam14

May 26, 2016
yes,you should go to algonquin or still you can apply to any college because the admissions are open till july for most of the colleges and if you can check there office timings and call up on the carleton office helpline they can guide you better.

nikh941

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
Surrey
SandraRotaru said:
Got accepted to Algonquin for winter so I might do that.
I am thinking of reapplying for winter for Carleton. The tax is not that much of a loss. I was hoping there was some form you could send them to ask to move your application for winter.
What annoys me most is 2 weeks without reply to their own e-mail (one department to the other)
Reapplying is not a wise decision, you will end up paying another $100. Instead, u can email them that you want to defer your intake. Probably it will help or it might be possible that they have deferred your application already! Just drop mails every 3-4 days, or call them. You will certainly get a response..

VnikhilB

Jun 8, 2016
Hey!
I applied for M.Eng in ECE for the Sept intake on 26th february. It's still with department for review. Can you tell me how long did it take for you to get a decision?

SandraRotaru

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
I applied on the same time that week as you! same status.

Still no reply to the e-mail. Problem with re-applying is i need to get in touch with my references. Those profs will have to complete the same form again. Tedious for them and me.

Also can someone tell me how a visa officer would look at this: As i said i got accepted to Algonquin. There's 2-3 BIG problems I will be having with the visa if i go with Algonquin:
1. I already have a master's. The program I got accepted for is a Ontario College Diploma (2 years). Will visa officer think its weird I am doing a college course after I have a master's already in same area? To be honest it does sound sketchy
2. Does the program itself qualify for PGWP? (link: http://www.algonquincollege.com/sat/program/computer-systems-technician/). Algonquin says yes, but they want my money as a student so of course they will say it qualifies. I want opinions from people who went there.
3. I will be having money issues as my boyfriend is the one with the money. He is a canadian citizen and will be sponsoring me. We haven't moved the money in my account and we don't intend to. We'll be blunt and honest and write a letter with a notary's affidavit on it, stating he has X ammount (out of which Y is for tuition, rest is for living) and he makes Z$/month so he can sustain us. Does this seem bad for a visa officer? There are 2 problems here.
a) Not my physical money - affidavit may not be enough to guarantee to the visa officer my bf won't kick me out if we argue (LOL ;))
b) He makes good money - might be a problem 'cause visa officer might think I'm not coming back. to be honest, I don't intend to. I just want school and experience after to be OF SOME USE WITHIN CANADA - A FUNCTIONAL PERSON IN THEIR SOCIETY. Too bad it seems impossible to make them hire you from here, as a foreign worker, because most companies are too lazy to go through LMIA. So all i want is the chance to be hired then I'm good. I already have 2.5 years exp in telecom from here (not a lot at all...but still something)

SandraRotaru

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Finally second step: My application is in the hands of post-graduate affairs. Now I got questions.
1.How long did it take you guys to finish this step?
2.Academic Year rollout/plan I have googled it and am still unsure how Carleton sets up its academic year. I see all 3 semesters mentioned but I don't know the rotation. Someone share the academic plan if you know it.
2.a. If I want to move it to winter, how does the school year look like? Semester1: Jan-April / Semester 2 : May-Aug?/ Break: Sept-Dec?.
2.b. Are there less classes in summer? I don't wanna be left with no options. I need to make a set number of credits per semester. If they don't offer many in summer I am screwed.
2.c. Are there basic courses in september and advanced versions in winter? I don't wanna jump right into those. In fact it's impossible if Sept ones are prerequisites

EDIT: I found they work on a trimester system: (wiki: A trimester system divides the academic year into three terms of 14 to 16 weeks each, with attendance required in two trimesters per year, to total 28 to 32 weeks of instruction. The trimester evolved from the semester system in the 1960s and, thus, is compatible with it (i.e. it is simply a semester shortened from 16–18 weeks to 14–16 weeks).) So can I do winter 2017 (Jan-April) and Fall 2017(Sept-Dec) as a second semester for my first year?
still is bad if the prerequisite thing holds but I can look at that per course. Just validate if this works for them. Anyone knows? summer classes dos seem to be scarce

Thanks in advance. Also keep sharing updates. Anyone else going/got accepted for Sept or Winter?