+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Carleton Sept 2016 (Fall Intake) Here

nikh941

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
Surrey
SandraRotaru said:
So when it finally reaches the last phase, it takes another week or 2? awesome! I really hope it passes me to "Recommended for assessment" or "Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs"

Grats!
Thanx, and yes you are right. I hope you will also get acceptance. From which country you are?

saynotoms

May 14, 2016
I submitted my application in November 2016 for MASc (Department of Electronics) for Fall 2016 after getting a green flag from potential supervisor. Below was my profile (BTech graduate from Delhi College of Engineer with 69%, IELTS- 7.0, 9.0 years of Experience with Freescale Semiconductors, 3 research papers, good recos & research projects)
I requested 40k $ funding support in my application.

I have not heard anything since then & my application still show "review in progress by Department (since December 2015)"
Should I assume that my application got rejected due to lower grades or high funding request?
Any views please?
Besides this, my MASc application at Queens, Waterlooo & Ryerson is also awaited. Is it normal. Should I assume that it is only waiting to be rejected as it is too late now to give a positive news?

SandraRotaru

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
saynotoms said:
I submitted my application in November 2016 for MASc (Department of Electronics) for Fall 2016 after getting a green flag from potential supervisor. Below was my profile (BTech graduate from Delhi College of Engineer with 69%, IELTS- 7.0, 9.0 years of Experience with Freescale Semiconductors, 3 research papers, good recos & research projects)
I requested 40k $ funding support in my application.

I have not heard anything since then & my application still show "review in progress by Department (since December 2015)"
Should I assume that my application got rejected due to lower grades or high funding request?
Any views please?
Besides this, my MASc application at Queens, Waterlooo & Ryerson is also awaited. Is it normal. Should I assume that it is only waiting to be rejected as it is too late now to give a positive news?
Hi,

I suggest writing and asking them. Mail them to modify the funding requirement if possible (on both ends). It might take a while due to the fact that remaining funds are considered after march, so if you didn't get a response on that wave, it's uncertain now. Then again, you applied early so I really don't know what they're thinking.

nikh941

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
Surrey
SandraRotaru said:
Hi,

I suggest writing and asking them. Mail them to modify the funding requirement if possible (on both ends). It might take a while due to the fact that remaining funds are considered after march, so if you didn't get a response on that wave, it's uncertain now. Then again, you applied early so I really don't know what they're thinking.
Any update Sandra?

SandraRotaru

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Contacted the school and graduate affairs forwarded my mail to the department. I'll update their response. I asked them what i can do considering the time left is short. Sometimes the automatically consider you for winter. I don't mind. I just wanna know if i was moved to another pool.
I'll keep u posted with their reply

allancmm

Aug 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SandraRotaru said:
They are forms. He doesn't have to write a letter. Carleton sends the profs forms and they fill them out. The last question implies opinions about you, how you did in his class, if he knows your passions, to describe you as a student and a person. so a short paragraph or two about how you two worked together

Hope this helps.
It helped, for sure, and sorry for not answering before, I don't why, but I'm not receiving emails from canadavisa.com notifying me that my questions got answered. One of my referees hasn't received the email with the link to fill in the form, I sent an email to the university asking them to resend the email, but until now the haven't answered. Do you have a number which I can call to solve this?

saynotoms

May 14, 2016
I requested them for status update through email as I submitted application in November 2015 after getting a green flag from potential supervisor and the very next day I received a rejection !!

SandraRotaru

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
saynotoms said:
I requested them for status update through email as I submitted application in November 2015 after getting a green flag from potential supervisor and the very next day I received a rejection !!
What season did you apply for? Sept 2016? or winter 2016 (this past January). the spots might have been full for January by then.
Regardless, SO sorry to hear :(
Would you mind telling me who your contact/professor was?
Also what did you apply for? MASc, MEng or CS or others? A profile would be nice so we can get an idea of what their standards are.

PS: I still have no response from Carleton. I mailed the Graduate Affairs department a week ago. my application is still pending review by department (not even with graduate affairs yet). GA forwarded it to the department and the dept still haven't gotten back to me within the week :(

saynotoms

May 14, 2016
I submitted my application in November 2015 for MASc (Department of Electronics) for Fall 2016 (so well in advance) after getting a green flag from potential supervisor. I am a BTech graduate from Delhi College of Engineer with 69%, IELTS- 7.0, 9.0 years of Experience with Freescale Semiconductors, 3 research papers, good recos & research projects (best possible)

I requested 40k $ funding support in my application. I assume that should be the reason of rejection apart from my lower grades (69%)

SandraRotaru

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Could be the money, yes :(
Regardless an immediate refusal is weird.
You said 9 years exp with semiconductors. When did you finish your BTech? what's the spacing between then and the fall 2016 intake? They might consider too much time has passed since u finished?

saynotoms

May 14, 2016
SandraRotaru said:
Could be the money, yes :(
Regardless an immediate refusal is weird.
You said 9 years exp with semiconductors. When did you finish your BTech? what's the spacing between then and the fall 2016 intake? They might consider too much time has passed since u finished?
No break after BTech, joined freescale as my first company (year 2007)
I thought good semiconductor experience will be an advantage :) anyways...