+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

caregiver

fumsky002

Feb 24, 2018
Hello my good people, Please can one employ a family member as caregiver and how can employer number be obtained from CRA as per the requirement for the process.
please I need as many advice as possible as am in urgent need of solution. Thank you.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Regarding the Employee Number. You have to call the CRA Business Line and request to open up a Payroll account for a caregiver. It will be a nine digit number followed by RP0001. Specifically request that this will be a Caregiver Payroll account, not a general payroll account You MUST tell the agent this, there is a big difference between the two
You need your SIN, address of yourself, how often you will be paying the individual, and the estimated amount /gross you will be paying the person over the period of one year.
If you do not have that information, you will not be given a number
As well you will be sent something called a PD7A. You need that to give to the IRCC showing you have been registered by the CRA and that you will be submitting all required payroll taxes to the Government
Btw, you need to wait 3-4 weeks for that PD7A, and No, it cannot be expedited.

Last edited:
Reactions: fumsky002

fumsky002

Feb 24, 2018
Regarding the Employee Number. You have to call the CRA Business Line and request to open up a Payroll account for a caregiver. It will be a nine digit number followed by RP0001. Specifically request that this will be a Caregiver Payroll account, not a general payroll account You MUST tell the agent this, there is a big difference between the two
You need your SIN, address of yourself, how often you will be paying the individual, and the estimated amount /gross you will be paying the person over the period of one year.
As well you will be sent something called a PD7A. You need that to give to the IRCC showing you have been registered by the CRA and that you will be submitting all required payroll taxes to the Government

Thank you so very very much...pls what abt d question if i can employ a family member, specifically my sister?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Reactions: T365 and fumsky002

bmore321

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Canada (TWP)
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2013
Doc's Request.
12-12-2013 FBI Police Report
AOR Received.
08-10-2013
File Transfer...
08-10-2013
Med's Done....
17-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2014 Received COPR 3-5-2014
LANDED..........
19-05-2014
Excellent information. Do you have to wait for the PD7A before you apply?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Excellent information. Do you have to wait for the PD7A before you apply?
From my understanding, yes, you need that PD7A, Statement of Account to show you have been registered. It is the official statement from the CRA. There are two PD7A, one is a voucher used for payments, the other is the long form of registration. You need the long form of the registration. If you call the CRA, and register, request from the agent to put in a request for the PD7A long form for IRCC purposes.

Reactions: fumsky002

oshin

Sep 22, 2015
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
Med's Request
08-12-2015 Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
If they bring their spouse and their kids, is there a proof of funds requirement for their settlement here? It's not that clear on the link - it only says you can bring your spouse and kids. Thanks!

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
If they bring their spouse and their kids, is there a proof of funds requirement for their settlement here? It's not that clear on the link - it only says you can bring your spouse and kids. Thanks!
No proof of funds requirement

Reactions: oshin

oshin

Sep 22, 2015
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
Med's Request
08-12-2015 Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016

fumsky002

Feb 24, 2018
From my understanding, yes, you need that PD7A, Statement of Account to show you have been registered. It is the official statement from the CRA. There are two PD7A, one is a voucher used for payments, the other is the long form of registration. You need the long form of the registration. If you call the CRA, and register, request from the agent to put in a request for the PD7A long form for IRCC purposes.
Thnx so very much, u guys

fumsky002

Feb 24, 2018
Thnx so very much, u guys are d best

fumsky002

Feb 24, 2018
Thnkx alot

pgp2017

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
hi, can I hire my brother as a caregiver from backhome ? Will the visa be refused if I do so?