+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Caregiver Work Permit from UAE/Phils Timeline

Diwata2018

Star Member
Jan 25, 2019
Yeah, I heard some applicants too who applied Dec2018 just like you who don't have any updates yet from IRCC. I hope everything is alright. Even though the result is late as long as it is positive, I will take it.
True, im already on visit visa as I didn’t renew my contract.. i hope by the end of the month they will give update already.

sunshinecanada

Apr 9, 2019
True, im already on visit visa as I didn’t renew my contract.. i hope by the end of the month they will give update already.
Oh, so you did not renew the contract. Same here, I will not renew my contract, my contract is set to be renewed next month, that is why its also a risk if I get a negative result and I did not renew my contract :(

sunshinecanada

Apr 9, 2019
Application Received: Dec 1, 2018
UAE Resident: Filipino Citizen
Visa Office: Online Application. Opted Manila but my file was transferred to Abu Dhabi.
Till now no Update already on the 20th week
Hello, welcome to the thread. That was my plan too before, to send my app in Manila but I heard IRCC is forwarding files to UAE because the applicant is here in UAE. Im so nervous right now. You guys from Dec don't have results yet so mine will take longer too :(

Diwata2018

Star Member
Jan 25, 2019
Oh, so you did not renew the contract. Same here, I will not renew my contract, my contract is set to be renewed next month, that is why its also a risk if I get a negative result and I did not renew my contract :(
Let keep our fingers crossed.. hopefully the result will be out soon.. I’m supposed to exit dubai by 1st week of May.

Diwata2018

Star Member
Jan 25, 2019
Application Received: Dec 1, 2018
UAE Resident: Filipino Citizen
Visa Office: Online Application. Opted Manila but my file was transferred to Abu Dhabi.
Till now no Update already on the 20th week
Seems were on the same boat. Submitted mine dec.6,2018. So you first submitted your application in MNL den they transferred your papers to Abu dhabi? Do you have any idea if the November applicants have any update?

sunshinecanada

Apr 9, 2019
looks like, there are a lot of pending applications from Dec 2018. C'mon UAE, 16 weeks is not 16 weeks. It is so frustrating.

Last edited:

sunshinecanada

Apr 9, 2019
I applied online. On the work permit application form there is a question asking "Country or territory where applying: Same as current country or territory of residence?" I answered No and indicate the Philippines. All I know that it was processed in Manila but when it exceeded the normal processing time I made a web inquiry and received feedback stating that currently, they do not have any application under process matching my name. I only got the confirmation that my work permit is being processed here in UAE when it was on its 15th week when I inquire on the web form and received a feedback telling that it is on queue for review by an officer.

For November applicants, I know someone that still on process and did not yet received the medical request Caregiver Pathway.
Hello there, OMG, so some Nov2018 applicants are still on queue? This is crazy. The waiting game is really devastating already.

sunshinecanada

Apr 9, 2019
Yes as of know still she did not receive medical request.
goodness gracious. So mine's result is expected to be by mid-June? my contract is up already by then, What if I just go home, will they transfer my file to Phils and skip this UAE 21weeks processing? hay, desperada here.

Diwata2018

Star Member
Jan 25, 2019
Totally fru
I applied online. On the work permit application form there is a question asking "Country or territory where applying: Same as current country or territory of residence?" I answered No and indicate the Philippines. All I know that it was processed in Manila but when it exceeded the normal processing time I made a web inquiry and received feedback stating that currently, they do not have any application under process matching my name. I only got the confirmation that my work permit is being processed here in UAE when it was on its 15th week when I inquire on the web form and received a feedback telling that it is on queue for review by an officer.

For November applicants, I know someone that still on process and did not yet received the medical request Caregiver Pathway.
totally frustrating. Are u applying for caregiver path too? All those from nov applicants are as well pending then when can we expect ours. im about to leave dubai and i need an answer maybe there’s only 1 officer handling our cases‍♀

Diwata2018

Star Member
Jan 25, 2019
It
goodness gracious. So mine's result is expected to be by mid-June? my contract is up already by then, What if I just go home, will they transfer my file to Phils and skip this UAE 21weeks processing? hay, desperada here.[/QUOTE

It could have been better if we applied in the Phils, as early as 2 weeks they will give you the result. But here,they will wait for the LMIA to expire so if something will be wrong you will not be able to respond by then

Diwata2018

Star Member
Jan 25, 2019
No, your file will be processed here even you go home to Manila. If you received the passport request you can bring it to any vfs office worldwide just bring the letter for PPR. If you go home to Manila you will have problem with OEC and PDOS. My suggestion is to stay here in UAE even just a tourist. When is your UAE visa will expire?
How about my case, im supposed to leave UAE by 2 weeks time. If they will request for my medical can i do it in other country?

Diwata2018

Star Member
Jan 25, 2019
Yes, just bring the Medical Request letter to any approved clinic by CIC.
Oks,i saw post from other forum, he applied for WP mid dec last year and he got the approval by feb. Thought if other path it will not take time..If so, then all the WP applicants have the same processing time? Is there any other way we can check if they are already checking those from nov or dec applicants? Just like the other applications that they can tract when they can expect the reviewing to be finished?

Reactions: momi nila

Diwata2018

Star Member
Jan 25, 2019
Th
My guess is paper based applicant are being process much faster rather than the online applicants. As you can observe we are all online applicants. We can only track them by asking the applicants.
Thought they are advocating applicants to process online as it will take a shorter period rather than the paper based. I just want clarification with your application.
You submitted your application thru online when? Dec.1? And when did you know that it was shifted to abu dhabi? That means, you will start counting your timeframe when the abu dhabi received your application not when you submitted