+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

caregiver want to study nursing after granted OWP/PR??

flordz

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it possible to study nursing here in canada when you have open permit or you have to wait for your permanent status? what do u need to admit in college/university here in canada in a nursing course :-* :-*?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe you could, but with a website under construction, the face of your business does not inspire confidence.

Please note that advertising is not allowed.

[previous post deleted]

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Wait till you're a PR so you pay lower fees. If you study before your permanent residency you may pay international student rates.

flordz said:
Is it possible to study nursing here in canada when you have open permit or you have to wait for your permanent status? what do u need to admit in college/university here in canada in a nursing course :-* :-*?

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am not sure if it is possible and I doubt it considering that their are limitations to taking courses more than 6 months before becoming a permanent resident. I will like to know others views if this is the case.

After becoming a permenent resident, you can apply to colleges for practical nursing or universities for bachelors degree in nursing.

Thank you,

raven31

Apr 25, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was in this situation before. I was advised to wait until I get my PR before attending university/college in Canada. However, you can have your credentials assessed then apply in your university/college of your choice sometime in December if you are sure that you will get your PR before September. This is just based on my experience. Otherwise, you will have to pay higher fees. I hope this helps.