+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Caregiver preparations for OWP and PR application

porkchop

May 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everyone!

I'm on my 17th month now as Live-in Caregiver under LMO. With high hopes, I am looking forward to the very day when I can file for my OWP/Permanent Residency. As early as now, I want to start gathering documents that I will be needing to submit for my OWP/PR application as not to waste time. I only have one dependent-MY husband.

Where should I start? I hope I can get help with the following:
-is it a "must" to submit all my payslips together with my PR application?
-how about the NBI fingerprinting, what is the best way to get it?

With this thread I'm inviting other members to post here your queries about your OWP/PR application preparation. You are also welcome to post here your Step by Step guide or Important Tips for successful OWP/PR application.

Let's exchange thoughts and share experiences. One's experience may be a great lesson to others. Let's start to travel this exciting journey together!

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
I'm also a live in caregiver under the old LCP. but I will apply through the caring for people with high medical needs pathways. the processing time of the new pathways is 6months, while the old LCP is 49 months the last time I checked it. if you will choose the new pathways (we are allowed if we have the 2yr work experience) you have to take an ielts test and have your educational credentials assessed (diploma and transcripts) by an institution (mine I send it university of Toronto) accredited by cic. those are the two major requirements in the new pathways.

porkchop

May 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello! marvz21 thanks for the information :D I might use the caring for children pathway. How long does it take you to have your educational credentials assessed?

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
porkchop said:
hello! marvz21 thanks for the information :D I might use the caring for children pathway. How long does it take you to have your educational credentials assessed?
3 months was the processing time of the university of Toronto when I sent mine. so you can do that while you are completing the 24months experience.

queenphoebe

Jul 7, 2016
Hi I have a friend who is already ready to apply for PR and OWP but she just knew later on that her employers hasn't paid her taxes yet since feb 2016 but she was being paid (salary), but her employers told her that they'll gonna pay her taxes on NOVEMBER due to personal financial problem.. My question is... Can she submit her documents now? or she has to wait till her taxes were paid? I appreciate anyone who will reply/ Thank you.. hope we can help her.

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
queenphoebe said:
Hi I have a friend who is already ready to apply for PR and OWP but she just knew later on that her employers hasn't paid her taxes yet since feb 2016 but she was being paid (salary), but her employers told her that they'll gonna pay her taxes on NOVEMBER due to personal financial problem.. My question is... Can she submit her documents now? or she has to wait till her taxes were paid? I appreciate anyone who will reply/ Thank you.. hope we can help her.
I have no idea about these taxes but as far as I know the employer is always responsible for that. the employer will be the one in trouble with the government, not the employee. but there's another option as proof of her employment based on the documents checklist if she's applying under the caring for people with high medical needs pathways - she can submit her copies of pay stubs. though cic preferred tax papers.

queenphoebe

Jul 7, 2016
@marvz21 Hi thank you for the reply.. I thought about the same thing too but wasn't sure so i asked here in case anyone has the same experience... she's in old Live in Caregiver Program and yes she got a copy of her pay stubs too.. thank you again.

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
queenphoebe said:
@marvz21 Hi thank you for the reply.. I thought about the same thing too but wasn't sure so i asked here in case anyone has the same experience... she's in old Live in Caregiver Program and yes she got a copy of her pay stubs too.. thank you again.
I am also under the old live in caregiver program so we have the same case. I completed my 24months experience this month but I went home for a vacation for 1 month so I have to compensate that. I will file my application next month, I'm still waiting for my NBI clearance from the Philippines. best of luck to us all

Nov 15, 2016
Hi I'm a caregiver in my lmia it says that my noc # is 6474 CHILD CAREGIVER in my work permit it says my occupation is live out childcare worker what does it means am I still covered with the OLD LCP program or the new pathway caring for children.

LMIA ISSUED - June 29, 2015
WORK PERMIT ISSUED- October 26, 2015

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

porkchop

May 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi there! you are now under the new pathway-caring for children. changes in the caregiver program of Canada took effect on Nov. 30 2014. the option to live out of your employer's home are one of the changes in the caregiver program

Nov 15, 2016
porkchop said:
hi there! you are now under the new pathway-caring for children. changes in the caregiver program of Canada took effect on Nov. 30 2014. the option to live out of your employer's home are one of the changes in the caregiver program
Thank you for the reply. But can i still apply for pr and owp after my 2 yrs? I have 4 dependents 3 children and my husband.

porkchop

May 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
87ave northwest said:
Thank you for the reply. But can i still apply for pr and owp after my 2 yrs? I have 4 dependents 3 children and my husband.
Yes, you can still apply for PR after you complete the PR requirements under new pathway-caring for children.

@87ave northwest, visit the immigrate page of CIC website (I don't know how to attach links here :p ) Requirements for PR under New pathway-Caring for Children are well enumerated there :)

Nov 15, 2016
porkchop said:
Yes, you can still apply for PR after you complete the PR requirements under new pathway-caring for children.

@87ave northwest, visit the immigrate page of CIC website (I don't know how to attach links here :p ) Requirements for PR under New pathway-Caring for Children are well enumerated there :)
Thank you so much for this really appreciate it :)

Vern

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Hello ano po ung required result sa celpip, reading listening, writing and speaking? Thank you.

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
Vern said:
Hello ano po ung required result sa celpip, reading listening, writing and speaking? Thank you.
kung NOC 4412 po ang code ng work mo, 5 ang required na overall score for celpip. reading 5, listening 5, speaking 5, listening 5.