+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Caregiver preparations for OWP and PR application

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
Vern said:
Thank you, Live in caregiver po.
kahit ielts 5 lng din ang required n passing. apply under the caring for people with high medical needs class, 1 week lng approved n application ko. just waiting for immigration centre Ottawa for the interview. gudluck

Vern

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Wow ang galing nman! Hopefully maayos n dn po sa akin. Thank you po sa reply. God bless

Nov 15, 2016
marvz21 said:
kahit ielts 5 lng din ang required n passing. apply under the caring for people with high medical needs class, 1 week lng approved n application ko. just waiting for immigration centre Ottawa for the interview. gudluck

Wow congrats kabayan ang bilis naman :) Sa high medical needs Lang ba ganyan kabilis ang processing? Or sa lahat ng caregiver na new pathway?
Yun bang educational credentials assessed mandatory sya? Na parang ielts ang kailangan talaga pag apply ng pr?

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
87ave northwest said:
Wow congrats kabayan ang bilis naman :) Sa high medical needs Lang ba ganyan kabilis ang processing? Or sa lahat ng caregiver na new pathway?
Yun bang educational credentials assessed mandatory sya? Na parang ielts ang kailangan talaga pag apply ng pr?
I'm not sure sa caring for children class, I guess the same. just make sure submit all required documents.
yup educational credential assessment is required just like the ielts. if you are a graduate of a 2-4yr course in the Philippines you should be ok. just submit for assessment about 3months before you apply for PR because processing time is as long as 3months.

porkchop

May 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
87ave northwest said:
In my observation po, PR applications under the new pathway both under caring for children or high medical needs get faster results than PR applications under old pathway. Some people that I know po who filed their PR applications from Feb-June this year just started to receive PR approval this November while applicants who filed under new pathway get results within 1-2 months.

You can try po the FREE WES Degree Equivalency Tool at WES webpage to check the equivalency of credits you earned in Philippines or other countries.

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
anyone here who had the interview in immigration centre Ottawa? how long before they contacted you for the interview?

Nov 15, 2016
marvz21 said:
I'm not sure sa caring for children class, I guess the same. just make sure submit all required documents.
yup educational credential assessment is required just like the ielts. if you are a graduate of a 2-4yr course in the Philippines you should be ok. just submit for assessment about 3months before you apply for PR because processing time is as long as 3months.
Salamat and noted 3 months before I apply pr I will get my educational credential assessment done. And yes 4 yrs graduate naman po

Nov 15, 2016
porkchop said:
In my observation po, PR applications under the new pathway both under caring for children or high medical needs get faster results than PR applications under old pathway. Some people that I know po who filed their PR applications from Feb-June this year just started to receive PR approval this November while applicants who filed under new pathway get results within 1-2 months.

You can try po the FREE WES Degree Equivalency Tool at WES webpage to check the equivalency of credits you earned in Philippines or other countries.
Sana nga same Lang na mabilis processing I will pray for that And thank naishare mo yung observation mo at least may hope :) and thank you din try ko yung pag assess dito Salamat ulit ✌

porkchop

May 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
unti
87ave northwest said:
Sana nga same Lang na mabilis processing I will pray for that And thank naishare mo yung observation mo at least may hope :) and thank you din try ko yung pag assess dito Salamat ulit ✌
let's keep that positivity and faith growing @87ave northwest! in time maaachieve din po natin yang approved PR n yan ;)

Vern

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
How about po medical and getting a police clearance here in Canada, when is the best time to take upfront mesical mga ilang weeks po ba siya npprocess? Thank you.

Max821

Nov 29, 2016
Hi! Can anyone please advise where to get owp application. I'll be submitting my pr application under the old pathway and i understand that the owp form has to be included. But i cant seem to find it on cic website. Pls help.

porkchop

May 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello! @Max821, use the IMM 5710 form, the Work Permit Extension form is the same form for OWP application.

izz07

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Category........
FAM
marvz21 said:
I'm also a live in caregiver under the old LCP. but I will apply through the caring for people with high medical needs pathways. the processing time of the new pathways is 6months, while the old LCP is 49 months the last time I checked it. if you will choose the new pathways (we are allowed if we have the 2yr work experience) you have to take an ielts test and have your educational credentials assessed (diploma and transcripts) by an institution (mine I send it university of Toronto) accredited by cic. those are the two major requirements in the new pathways.
Hello po! ask ko lang po sana ano po nakuha nyo na evaluation sa Univ or Toronto sa ECA nyo? Kase po may mga nagsasabi na wag daw sa WES kase mababa ang assessment nila for graduates from Philippines kaya nagiisip po ako if better and CES or ICAS?