+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Caregiver piolet

amira726

Sep 17, 2023
Hello,

I have a question about the caregiver pilot program. My sister has 6 month old baby, she and her husband both work full time and wants to use this program for me.
I am a health professional, working in a facility where I take care of sick, mentally and physically challenge children. I have a CPR certificate too. But it's not in-home. My employer own that facility.
Am I eligible for this program?

Thank you
Amira

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I have a question about the caregiver pilot program. My sister has 6 month old baby, she and her husband both work full time and wants to use this program for me.
I am a health professional, working in a facility where I take care of sick, mentally and physically challenge children. I have a CPR certificate too. But it's not in-home. My employer own that facility.

Thank you
Amira
Check HCCP requirements. You will need an ECA for education and IELTS for language. Your sister/husband must set up a business account, and show that they have the income to support a full time caregiver. Relatives of families are more highly scrutinized. You must get all this done and apply by January 1 when the program opens and closes on that day. it is very popular and based on quotas. Processing is around 36 months.

amira726

Sep 17, 2023
Thanks. I read the HCCP requirements but that doesn't answer my question here.
I have booked my IELTS for next week.Do you know if my current job is eligible for this program? because I dont provide in-home service for those children but in a facility but its not a hospital.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks. I read the HCCP requirements but that doesn't answer my question here.
I have booked my IELTS for next week.Do you know if my current job is eligible for this program? because I dont provide in-home service for those children but in a facility but its not a hospital.
You will have read that you don’t need work experience in the field. You are applying to the Gaining Experience program. Get ECA ASAP.

Last edited:

amira726

Sep 17, 2023
You will have read that you don’t need work experience in the field. You are applying to the Gaining Experience program. Get ECA ASAP.
but It says you need 12 month of experience. Did I get that wrong?
also, is there any proof of fund requirement/LICO to meet in this category?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
but It says you need 12 month of experience. Did I get that wrong?
also, is there any proof of fund requirement/LICO to meet in this category?
Yes you got it wrong.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/pathways-for-caregivers/child-care-provider-support-pilots/assessing-application-selection-criteria.html

No proof of funds, but you should have some especially if applying with family. Do you have ECA? Remember family members are more heavily scrutinized. Given timelines, your sister will need care for a few years and child may be in school by then.

Sep 29, 2023
You will have read that you don’t need work experience in the field. You are applying to the Gaining Experience program. Get ECA ASAP. MyLabCorp
Based on the information provided, it is unclear whether the caregiver pilot program is applicable to the situation described. However, the following information may be helpful in determining eligibility:

- The caregiver pilot program includes the Home Child Care Provider Pilot and the Home Support Worker Pilot[1][3][5].
- To qualify for a work permit under the Home Child Care Provider Pilot or the Home Support Worker Pilot, an applicant must have obtained a total of at least 12 months of eligible full-time work experience in Canada in the 36 months before applying[2].
- The Home Child Care Provider Pilot is for individuals who have obtained their qualifying work experience as a home care provider (NOC 4411) providing in-home care to children below 18 years[5].
- The Home Support Worker Pilot is for individuals who have obtained their qualifying work experience as a home support worker[5].

Based on this information, it is possible that the caregiver pilot program may not be applicable to the situation described, as the individual is not providing in-home care to children or working as a home support worker. However, it may be helpful to consult with a Canadian immigration lawyer or contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for more information on eligibility for the caregiver pilot program.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Based on the information provided, it is unclear whether the caregiver pilot program is applicable to the situation described. However, the following information may be helpful in determining eligibility:

- The caregiver pilot program includes the Home Child Care Provider Pilot and the Home Support Worker Pilot[1][3][5].
- To qualify for a work permit under the Home Child Care Provider Pilot or the Home Support Worker Pilot, an applicant must have obtained a total of at least 12 months of eligible full-time work experience in Canada in the 36 months before applying[2].
- The Home Child Care Provider Pilot is for individuals who have obtained their qualifying work experience as a home care provider (NOC 4411) providing in-home care to children below 18 years[5].
- The Home Support Worker Pilot is for individuals who have obtained their qualifying work experience as a home support worker[5].

Based on this information, it is possible that the caregiver pilot program may not be applicable to the situation described, as the individual is not providing in-home care to children or working as a home support worker. However, it may be helpful to consult with a Canadian immigration lawyer or contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for more information on eligibility for the caregiver pilot program.
AIBot..don’t post misinformation

Haert

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
25-03-2021
Hello,

Thank you
Amira

Hi Amira,

I assumed you are a graduate of Nursing? If that is the case your school credential should suffice your capacity to fulfill the job role. For your reference here are the bullet points on how an assigned case officer would assess one of your qualifications.

Supporting documentation
When assessing an applicant’s ability to perform the work, officers can refer to supporting documentation provided in the application. This may include, but is not limited to,

• proof of relevant previous work experience (either paid or unpaid), for example:
    • employer reference letters
    • employment records
    • work contracts
    • pay stubs
  • copies of relevant education credentials or training, which can include diplomas or certificates
  • a copy of the applicant’s most recent work permit in Canada (if they’ve been working in Canada)
And yes, to answer your question, your current work will stongly support your application for HCCP. You can actually qualify for both HCCP and HSW since you are caring for disabled patients. Nonetheless, since your relatives are in need of someone to take care of their child. Yes, apply for HCCP.