IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
10-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Passport Req..
12-11-2014
Hi guys...Any ideal if IELTS is needed for caregiver/childcare work permit or not. I read somewhere its not compulsory.Actually we liked one candidate for nanny position.She is fluent in English so i wanted to check if she should take IELTS or not.our LMIA is already in process for her.

Please help guys

Reactions: AngelNoah

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Hi guys...Any ideal if IELTS is needed for caregiver/childcare work permit or not. I read somewhere its not compulsory.Actually we liked one candidate for nanny position.She is fluent in English so i wanted to check if she should take IELTS or not.our LMIA is already in process for her.

Please help guys
Hello,
In My Opinion, IELTS is not required. What I think she will do during the process is to prove if she can speak English, but that's thru speak test.

I am also planning of hiring a foreign caregiver, can you please share your LMIA process?
What modes of advertisement did you do?
Are you exempted from LMIA fee of $1,000.00 (this is applicable if you and your spouse's gross income is below $150,000)

Your input is greatly appreciated, thanks a lot and goodluck :)

Reactions: AngelNoah

rialumagbas

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hello,
In My Opinion, IELTS is not required. What I think she will do during the process is to prove if she can speak English, but that's thru speak test.

I am also planning of hiring a foreign caregiver, can you please share your LMIA process?
What modes of advertisement did you do?
Are you exempted from LMIA fee of $1,000.00 (this is applicable if you and your spouse's gross income is below $150,000)

Your input is greatly appreciated, thanks a lot and goodluck :)

I actually want to know to as I want to hire someone from the Philippines as nanny for my son. Am I exempted for the fee? And where should I advertise? I already applied before and was denied due to lack of recruitment process. Wasn't aware that I have to keep my ads on until they Service Canada provides you with a decision of either approval and denied application.

rialumagbas

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
I have applied for LMIA before in 2016 and was denied due to lack of recruitment process. I have originally used Craigslist, workbc, jobbank, a newspaper, and indeed.ca. I want to use an alternative website that does not cost me that much. I believe a research needs to be done for best websites to post nanny positions

AngelNoah

Dec 14, 2012
I have applied for LMIA before in 2016 and was denied due to lack of recruitment process. I have originally used Craigslist, workbc, jobbank, a newspaper, and indeed.ca. I want to use an alternative website that does not cost me that much. I believe a research needs to be done for best websites to post nanny positions
Hi guys,
This article will help a lot.
http://meurrensonimmigration.com/labour-market-impact-assessments-recruitment-requirements/
Good luck for all of our application

AngelNoah

Dec 14, 2012
Hi guys,
This article will help a lot.
http://meurrensonimmigration.com/labour-market-impact-assessments-recruitment-requirements/
Good luck for all of our application
Rialumagbas hello.,
They are strict now.,in the article I gave above...it stated that we need to target underrepresented Group.,
Example in newspaper ad;
Put youth are encouraged to apply
What might be exactly the reason they refused your application?I believe You had pretty much good methods of advertisement.,and it’s expensive.,maybe they mean lack of recruitment process is you had missed some details in it?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
AngelNoah is right.
I am hoping that we can all have a positive LMIA.
Godbless us all
Update for applicants thinking of applying to the New Caregiver Pathway Program:

We are reviewing the Caring for Children and Caring for People with High Medical Needs pilot programs to determine how caregivers will apply for permanent residence after the pilots expire on November 29, 2019. We will announce the details well before the pilots expire.

These 5-year pilot programs are scheduled to expire on November 29, 2019. To be eligible to apply for them, you will need to have two years of full-time work experience as a caregiver and submit your application before that date.

The Government is committed to ensuring that caregivers continue to have a pathway to permanent residence

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/caregivers/children.html

In short, the government will scrap the caregiver program by 2019. Applicants will need to have 2 years of experience to qualify under the caregiver program. You must have 2 years of experience before 2019 to be considered to apply for PR under the program. Applicants that did not have 2 years experience before 2019 will not be able to apply for PR.

Feb 16, 2018
Rialumagbas hello.,
They are strict now.,in the article I gave above...it stated that we need to target underrepresented Group.,
Example in newspaper ad;
What might be exactly the reason they refused your application?I believe You had pretty much good methods of advertisement.,and it’s expensive.,maybe they mean lack of recruitment process is you had missed some details in it?
I have had luck recently with www.aboriginaljobboard.ca www.newcanadianjobs.ca and www.canadayouthworks.ca

rialumagbas

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Rialumagbas hello.,
Example in newspaper ad;
The reason was because of lack of advertisement. I only advertised for a month then I stopped. They need to see the ads online. Now that they have changed some rules (i.e. recruitment process and application fee), I want to apply again; especially now that the fee is exempted for household income of below $150,000.00. I advertised on Jobbank, canadiannanny.ca, kijiji, getcanadianexperience.ca, ethnika and indeed. The ethnika and indeed are free ads. The others require payment. I am also looking at the LMIA application and I do not how to answer Section 4 of the application - Labour Market Impact. Do you have pointers that you can share? Thanks so much for your help.

Feb 16, 2018
Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for your input. Did you post the job in those three websites? What other means of advertising did you use aside from Job Bank and these online job posting? thank you for your reply :)
Hey Dustin,

I used these three, plus the job bank, plus a few local centres and a post in my local employment center. That is probably overkill though. I just didn’t want anyone to be able to question it.

Good luck!

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Hey Dustin,

I used these three, plus the job bank, plus a few local centres and a post in my local employment center. That is probably overkill though. I just didn’t want anyone to be able to question it.

Good luck!
thanks a lot Benjamin, I will do that too.
Is your job advertisement for a Home Child Care Provider or Nanny?
Can you help me with some of the LMIA questions please? I know some of these are self explanatory, I just don't want to commit mistakes and would like to use the right wordings, sorry and thanks a lot for all your input and help.

The questions are as follows:

Will hiring a TFW result in direct job creation or job retention of Canadians/PRs?
Will hiring a TFW result in development or transfer of skills and knowledge for the benefit of Canadians/PRs?
Will hiring a TFW fill a labour shortage?
Please describe any other benefits to the canadian labour market that will result from offering this job to a TFW
Provide a rationale for the job offer the employer is making to the TFW and describe hw this will meet the employer's employment needs

Feb 16, 2018
thanks a lot Benjamin, I will do that too.
Is your job advertisement for a Home Child Care Provider or Nanny?
Can you help me with some of the LMIA questions please? I know some of these are self explanatory, I just don't want to commit mistakes and would like to use the right wordings, sorry and thanks a lot for all your input and help.

The questions are as follows:

Will hiring a TFW result in direct job creation or job retention of Canadians/PRs?
Will hiring a TFW result in development or transfer of skills and knowledge for the benefit of Canadians/PRs?
Will hiring a TFW fill a labour shortage?
Please describe any other benefits to the canadian labour market that will result from offering this job to a TFW
Provide a rationale for the job offer the employer is making to the TFW and describe hw this will meet the employer's employment needs

Mine was for a nanny. I don’t want to answer those for you as you might be in different circumstances. If you are really worried, Campbell Cohen legal team can assist. What I will say is use your common sense. Don’t overpromise, but remember that there needs to be a real need for this person to get approved. They probably won’t start a nanny training school on arrival though.

elisemacale

May 13, 2018
Sa BC ako...Nagpost nako ng job posting sa jobbank tsaka workbc.,nagpost din ako sa isang website (getcanadianexperience) kasi wala nako maisip pangatlo...Hindi na required sa each posting na target indigenous, youth, person with disabilities, newcomer.,and iniisip q pa magpost sa monster.ca or something related
And thanks for information about exempted sa 1,000$ it’s a great help..