+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Career Option in Biotechnology field

vid_1234

Oct 1, 2019
Hello,

Hope everyone is doing good during these difficult times. I wanted to know what are the career options in Canada related to Biotechnology. After M.Tech, I have 7 years of experience working at a Research Core Facility in Kuwait.
Is it possible to get into such facilities in Canada. I am also interested in pursuing a PhD. Also, currently pursuing PMP.
Kindly let me know in detail what career direction is ideal for an immigrant. Is it possible to volunteer in labs and get in when there's vacancy? How does the system work?

Thanks in advance!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Hope everyone is doing good during these difficult times. I wanted to know what are the career options in Canada related to Biotechnology. After M.Tech, I have 7 years of experience working at a Research Core Facility in Kuwait.
Is it possible to get into such facilities in Canada. I am also interested in pursuing a PhD. Also, currently pursuing PMP.
Kindly let me know in detail what career direction is ideal for an immigrant. Is it possible to volunteer in labs and get in when there's vacancy? How does the system work?

Thanks in advance!
Very unusual to volunteer unless it is a lab associated with a university and the volunteering may just be observing so that someone can add the experience to a school application like medical school or masters. Really depends on what type of research you do. Toronto especially attracts a lot of research talent so it can be very competitive to get a job especially in the city. A PhD will be required for some of the lab jobs.