Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted when applied for TRV 17th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
I know this seems to be out of topic..nothing to do with immigration process, just wondering if any of you had problems sending care packages containing food to canada. I tried to send one, hubby's request for his bday, a whopper 5kg care package with all his favourite local food but got the package returned with note saying food item are prohibited to be sent to canada...why????? He said his besties gets cookies, bovril etc from his mom in UK all the time, all i'd sent were dried goods...should i lie in the declaration form next time??? He misses his instant noodles :p

Misplaced Brit

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/10/2010
I can't understand why this would happen. My family and friends send me numerous items out on a regular basis, such as potato chips that aren't available here in Canada, teabags, chocolates, and even Rennies (Thanks to my Dad for those lol)

None of them have ever lied on the declaration form, and they've always made it through.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
It probably depends where they're being sent from.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
While lining up at the customs in the airport, a friend of mine saw custom officer opened instant noodle package, seized the soup base package and returned just the dried plain noodles to the person in front of him. Maybe this was the problem.

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
I used to send packages to my sister all the time when I was in England, but before I sent it I looked on the courier website and it said that things like herbs/spices were prohibited.
They aren't keen on chocolate being sent either, but I did it anyway.....

Ryffa_Q

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th August 2011
AOR Received.
Sponsor approved 1st Nov 2011 AOR 21st November 2011
Med's Done....
03-06-2011 - medical received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
steaky said:
While lining up at the customs in the airport, a friend of mine saw custom officer opened instant noodle package, seized the soup base package and returned just the dried plain noodles to the person in front of him. Maybe this was the problem.
Wowwwwwww really?????? What would be so offensive about soup based package?? MSG?? But they are not for commercial purpose, if hubby wants to overdose on MSG wouldnt it be his right? Now i have to think of another gift for his birthday...beer basket from vancouver probably to drown his sorrow of missing his favs ;D

newlife23

Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th October 2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed with God's grace on 7/3/2012
I wonder if they are less strict when you ship stuffs by surface mail. I remember sending lots of goods by surface mail through Malaysian post office, which worked out really cheap before flying in to Canada last year. For RM80 and 20kg in weight, I shipped in lots of instant noodles, curry paste, ready and prepared sauces since my partner loves asian food and curries ( I made sure I bought the ones which have all the ingredients labelled). The customs opened my boxes and then resealed it for me before it was delivered to us at home.

Ryffa_Q

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th August 2011
AOR Received.
Sponsor approved 1st Nov 2011 AOR 21st November 2011
Med's Done....
03-06-2011 - medical received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
24th November 2011
LANDED..........
14th December 2011
newlife23 said:
I wonder if they are less strict when you ship stuffs by surface mail. I remember sending lots of goods by surface mail through Malaysian post office, which worked out really cheap before flying in to Canada last year. For RM80 and 20kg in weight, I shipped in lots of instant noodles, curry paste, ready and prepared sauces since my partner loves asian food and curries ( I made sure I bought the ones which have all the ingredients labelled). The customs opened my boxes and then resealed it for me before it was delivered to us at home.
really????? :eek: now i really feel like crying....i paid 385 for the 5kg and they wouldnt even give me a refund and it was through Poslaju (msia courier).
Contemplating of sending it through surface mail now..hmmmm.....

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

steaky said:
Yup, meat or chicken base, not allowed.