+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Card Declined message

Lenin Antony

Jul 30, 2020
Dear Sirs,

I couldn’t make the payment of my study permit application through my visa credit card to ircc. I received 481 card declined - Transaction not approved message. I had been tried 6 or 7 credit cards still I received the same message. How can I fix this problem?. Kindly help me

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As previous said you often have to warn your bank if a charge is atypical. There is fraud protection. You will also have to speak to your bank before moving to Canada.

Bunny face

Jan 4, 2021
Dear Sirs,

I couldn’t make the payment of my study permit application through my visa credit card to ircc. I received 481 card declined - Transaction not approved message. I had been tried 6 or 7 credit cards still I received the same message. How can I fix this problem?. Kindly help me
I am having the same problem. Please how did you resolve it?

Bunny face

Jan 4, 2021
You usually need to call your bank or credit card country to warn them you are making a purchase in Canada or the system thinks that there is a fraudulent purchase.
Thank you. I have called my bank and they said my card is not blocked that i should try it again. I have tried more than 10 times now still say declined

Bunny face

Jan 4, 2021
Dear Sirs,

I have the same issue. I received 911 card declined. Please what does this means?

CAsingh

Apr 22, 2021
Bunny face I also have the same issue, I have attached the payment error screenshot and submitted to cic technical help section. May be their server is down, I am trying since last night.

masa70

May 31, 2022
N

We're you able to make the payment?
I did not pay neccessary payment via ircc portal applicatin. I faced with transaction declined error. I called my bank of card. They approved everything to payments is normal. Why I cannot pay to submit my application on ircc portal. Can you help me about process?

Jun 6, 2022
Dear Sirs,

You need to contact the bank!

They will surely help you out.

tolomola

Nov 25, 2016
I’m having same issue since yesterday, tried paying using 2 different USD cards but transaction declined severally. Called my banks to report 6 times and they said my card is all fine with no restrictions and activated for e-commerce and online payment. The baa as nk suggested talking to the merchant which is CIC.

How did you resolve this when it happened to you?

masa70

May 31, 2022
I did not resolve. Also I send report about that issue. They cannot solve it and published news on their main page in gckey page. But I used credit card to open to purchase. Bank card was not used in my case. I suggest you to use credit card.

Mar 21, 2024
I am currently in the process of applying for a study permit through the IRCC portal from Ghana. I have completed all the necessary forms and documentation required for the application.

However, I am encountering an issue when attempting to pay the application fee. Despite trying with multiple cards, the payment continues to decline. I have already contacted my bank, and they have assured me that there are no issues with my account or cards that would prevent the transaction from going through. Please can anyone help?

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
I am currently in the process of applying for a study permit through the IRCC portal from Ghana. I have completed all the necessary forms and documentation required for the application.

However, I am encountering an issue when attempting to pay the application fee. Despite trying with multiple cards, the payment continues to decline. I have already contacted my bank, and they have assured me that there are no issues with my account or cards that would prevent the transaction from going through. Please can anyone help?
Maybe the system thinks your African Visa card is dodgy? A lot of scams originate from there

Reactions: Naturgrl