+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

car: export from US / import into Canada

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Yep I asked him specifically if I need to do anything else and he said nope :D

He said the Service Ontario I may have to notify as they have separate systems but as far as CBSA is considered my car's block on sale was removed.

I know that in SO, my car is registered just like any other car. Anyways I have all the documents that anyone might need(including RIV as I have a copy for RIV as well in the new FORM1 that he gave). So worse case even if later someone asks atleast its clear from CBSA standpoint.
Makes sense, even in Alberta I have a regular registration like any other . They didn’t even ask me for my form import 1 , just asked me to give my quebec registration and license and replaced it asap with Alberta registration and license.
I think one just needs to clear it with CBSA so we can sell the car as I wouldn’t take it back to states since no export was done. If i ever go back to the states, I will also sell my car.

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Do after PR LoL, basically your vehicle has same validity as whatever your status is, if you are temporary the vehicle is temporary, if your WP is extended the vehicle's validity is also extended. Dont go without a change in your status.

Btw I read the Receipt that he gave me on addition to the Form 1 and it states "Grand Total Not Collected Due to LVP Regulation" not sure what that means but seems like this is why no taxes or charges.
Did you ever the tell the office you never exported the car from US or stayed shush about it?