+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAQ: What are my risks of denial?

AnotherBloke

Jan 17, 2015
MIDI is requesting a copy of my GCSE certificate which is the equivalent of high school. The job itself had no educational requirements, since it is in Web Design. The NOC code doesn’t require it either, but the firm has strongly suggested getting official copies from the UK. They told me there is a risk of denial for the CAQ if I don’t submit it.

The firm said they can ask for it to be waived and give them proof that it’s not a requirement, but they also said that’s risky and they recommend getting official copies of the document instead. Obtaining it from my school would take way too long.

Is the risk that high? It’s not a requirement for this field. My last LMIA for the same job title did not ask for this.

And for future reference, to anyone in my situation, I applied and actually did qualify for EI benefits. But all that covers is rent. It’s not enough to live on.

Last edited:

AnotherBloke

Jan 17, 2015
For future reference, the firm attempted to waive the request by providing proof that it wasn't a requirement. MIDI responded by saying I 'had' to submit it or my application would be automatically denied. This system is ridiculous. I managed to get a scanned copy of my certificate and submitted that to them a couple of days ago. Still waiting to hear back from them.

For anyone who's applying for an LMIA via the Global Talent Stream. I've been waiting 4 weeks since the application began. The 2 week time frame isn't accurate at all. The company that hired me took ages to apply for it as well. I've been waiting nearly 4 months just to get an answer. The whole process is tedious and doesn't benefit anyone.

AnotherBloke

Jan 17, 2015
I realized I posted this in the wrong section. I am not from the US. Rather the UK. Could a mod move this for me? Thanks.

Still no word on my work permit.