+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAQ Processing Time 4-6 Months

design runner

Oct 17, 2018
Hello,

I am going through an excessively long processing time for my CAQ (temporary work certificate for Quebec). I'd like to iterate that this is a temporary worker visa application and not a student visa application.

Here's my situation:
1. I received a job offer from a Canadian company in June
2. I filled out my CAQ and mailed it along with copies of key documents to my (future) employer
3. My employer submitted the CAQ on July 10th
4. I was told my expected start date would be late August
5. In early August, my employer informed me that Immigration told them that application processing times were experiencing an uptick, and that my application could take up to four months to process.
6. Last week, in early October, my employer informed me that Immigration had announced further delays to them, with the time range now being 4 to 6 months after the initial application date.

I will hit the four month mark on November 10th, and the new estimate claims I might not hear anything until January 10th. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this, and what were the results? Are all CAQ applications now taking this long to process, or just temporary worker permits, or just me? I haven't been able to find any public announcement in regards to the new processing times, and a friend of mine applied for a CAQ in late September and has already received it (from the same company, but a different position). What could cause his to take only two weeks, while mine is taking over 3 months so far?

My agent from the company has called immigration and was told the same information: that the processing time is now 4-6 months, and that my documents were received on July 10th.
Should I try to have my agent push for more information over the phone, should I call immigration myself, or should I sit back and not panic until I get closer to January?

I apologize for the nervous rant, and look forward to hearing from others and learning about their experiences.
Thank you again,
Design Runner

shiva.el

Jan 2, 2018
Hello,

I am going through an excessively long processing time for my CAQ (temporary work certificate for Quebec). I'd like to iterate that this is a temporary worker visa application and not a student visa application.

Here's my situation:
1. I received a job offer from a Canadian company in June
2. I filled out my CAQ and mailed it along with copies of key documents to my (future) employer
3. My employer submitted the CAQ on July 10th
4. I was told my expected start date would be late August
5. In early August, my employer informed me that Immigration told them that application processing times were experiencing an uptick, and that my application could take up to four months to process.
6. Last week, in early October, my employer informed me that Immigration had announced further delays to them, with the time range now being 4 to 6 months after the initial application date.

I will hit the four month mark on November 10th, and the new estimate claims I might not hear anything until January 10th. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this, and what were the results? Are all CAQ applications now taking this long to process, or just temporary worker permits, or just me? I haven't been able to find any public announcement in regards to the new processing times, and a friend of mine applied for a CAQ in late September and has already received it (from the same company, but a different position). What could cause his to take only two weeks, while mine is taking over 3 months so far?

My agent from the company has called immigration and was told the same information: that the processing time is now 4-6 months, and that my documents were received on July 10th.
Should I try to have my agent push for more information over the phone, should I call immigration myself, or should I sit back and not panic until I get closer to January?

I apologize for the nervous rant, and look forward to hearing from others and learning about their experiences.
Thank you again,
Design Runner
Hi, I guess you have received your CAQ by now. My documents were received on early July like you, and I was in the exact same situation. I finally received my CAQ in early November.