+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAQ online profile - change of password won't work

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
Hi all... I'm so frustrated by MIDI's online portal. I've created the account for applying for a CAQ, and I've mailed my application dossier to MIDI 10 days back. A few days ago, when I tried to log in to the system, it said my password was incorrect out of nothing. Tried a couple of times and didn't work out, I therefore clicked "forgot my password" and requested to reset the password.

An email containing a temporary password then came, but when I used that temporary password to log in to the system and reset my password, it always showed that my new password was invalid. I've tried many different combinations and it's still invalid. What can I do?

Reactions: Proffagelle

Proffagelle

Jun 23, 2018
Hi there.. I have the same problem.. I don't know what to do ... did you figure this out ?? if you did .. would you please tell me

Proffagelle

Jun 23, 2018
Still not working.. I have tried many passwords with numbers, symbols capital and small letters .. ain't working .. any other suggestions??

Reactions: NiraliYash
Feb 22, 2019
Hi all... I'm so frustrated by MIDI's online portal. I've created the account for applying for a CAQ, and I've mailed my application dossier to MIDI 10 days back. A few days ago, when I tried to log in to the system, it said my password was incorrect out of nothing. Tried a couple of times and didn't work out, I therefore clicked "forgot my password" and requested to reset the password.

An email containing a temporary password then came, but when I used that temporary password to log in to the system and reset my password, it always showed that my new password was invalid. I've tried many different combinations and it's still invalid. What can I do?

Even I do get the same problem. I just posted my application, and when I tried to login to my application I forgot the password and I tried to reset the password. I received the temporary password too but when I enter the password it shows that the password is not valid. I request your help.

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
Even I do get the same problem. I just posted my application, and when I tried to login to my application I forgot the password and I tried to reset the password. I received the temporary password too but when I enter the password it shows that the password is not valid. I request your help.
I don’t remember how I fixed it, but try using at least one capital letter in your password.

NiraliYash

Mar 26, 2019
I am facing the same problem. i typed the User code and clicked on forgot password. received the temporary password, answered the security question then, typed the new password, confirmed it and finally it kept saying 'the password is invalid'. I have already tried this ten times. Someone who encountered this and cracked it, please help. thanks

Reactions: mohanrajmuthu90

arun26cs

Jun 19, 2017
give temporary password in old password field
in new password field: atleast 1 caps, 1 small letter and 1 number is enough.
length of 11 is good not necessarly
no need of @$# symbols
try
all best
arun

Lourdu

Nov 6, 2019
even i forgot my password , i tried by forgot password but i didnt receive and temporary password by mail
I too facing the same problem. I forgot my password and i clicked on "forgot password bar" and it showing new temporary password and instructions are sent to your mail. But I didn't received any mail

Salazar94

Jul 17, 2020
Hey All, I know its extremely late for most of you on this forum but I am posting the solution for this since I just tried it and the password got accepted.

ENTER THE OLD PASSWORD (THIS WILL BE THE 4 DIGIT RESET CODE SENT TO YOUR EMAIL)

Please follow the below guidelines for creating the new password for CAQ,

1) Password must be exactly 8 characters in length
2) Minimum one block/caps letter
3) Minimum one small letter
4) Minimum one number
5) Password cannot start with a number (not sure about this point alone, but it sure didn't allow me to do so and threw the same password invalid error)
Hope this helps people who visit this forum in the future for this concern. Also, people, please do verify and state if it worked for you guys!
Enjoy Canada! Cheers!

Last edited:

Akankhya10

Sep 14, 2019
Hi All,
To whosoever needs this - total 16 characters password is permitted
atleast 1 Capital letter, atleast 1 small letter, atleast 1 number and no special symbols