+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAQ: no reply

FastForward

May 11, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am really going to lose it with the ministry of immigration in Quebec. I sent my documents the 5th of April, and it DID take them longer than usual to arrive (2 weeks with registered mail, usually it gets there within 5 days, but that is hardly the ministry's fault). So they have had my documents since April 19, over a bloody month, and they have not even updated the status of my application - basically it seems like they don't have them. I know they do, I have been in touch with the post office.
I mean, should I just assume I got rejected?? I am so angry. Today is a holiday, so I can't call them. I am not sure whether I should anyways because it states on their website not to call for an update.
HOWEVER it also says you are treated within 20 days and that they update your status within 3 weeks, and none of that has happened either. So angry with the inefficiency of their service! I need to apply for the permit too, my application is expiring in 10 days. I hate it!

Tazim123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
Hi everyone,

I am really going to lose it with the ministry of immigration in Quebec. I sent my documents the 5th of April, and it DID take them longer than usual to arrive (2 weeks with registered mail, usually it gets there within 5 days, but that is hardly the ministry's fault). So they have had my documents since April 19, over a bloody month, and they have not even updated the status of my application - basically it seems like they don't have them. I know they do, I have been in touch with the post office.
I mean, should I just assume I got rejected?? I am so angry. Today is a holiday, so I can't call them. I am not sure whether I should anyways because it states on their website not to call for an update.
HOWEVER it also says you are treated within 20 days and that they update your status within 3 weeks, and none of that has happened either. So angry with the inefficiency of their service! I need to apply for the permit too, my application is expiring in 10 days. I hate it!
Wait for few days. You will get soon

dolfin

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
recent people's experiences say it takes 30 business days from the date of receipt of your documents. Meaning it takes a month and a half.

Last edited: