+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAQ Lost Regular Mail to India

vj1990

May 16, 2017
Hi guys

Need Help
The Quebec immigration authority sent the CAQ by regular mail to me in India. But its been 45 days, and i have not received it.
Even the post office confirms that they have not received anything like that for my address.
I have confirmed the address with Quebec Immigration authorities, and its correct.
As, CAQ is sent by regular mail, there is no tracking number.

I do not know anyone in Canada, who can accept the CAQ on my behalf.
And, the Quebec immigration authorities are refusing to send the CAQ to me, by any other trackable method, such as courier, speed post etc, even if i agree to pay more money online.

Could someone please tell me, what can i do in this situation.
I feel really lost.

Thanks in advance for your help.

karthi747

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hi guys

Need Help
The Quebec immigration authority sent the CAQ by regular mail to me in India. But its been 45 days, and i have not received it.
Even the post office confirms that they have not received anything like that for my address.
I have confirmed the address with Quebec Immigration authorities, and its correct.

And, the Quebec immigration authorities are refusing to send the CAQ to me, by any other trackable method, such as courier, speed post etc, even if i agree to pay more money online.

I feel really lost.

Normal mail taked nearly 2months to reach the destinstion

penguin123

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Hi guys

Need Help

I feel really lost.

Hey, I'm in the same situation. I planned to call them but could not connect to the person in charge.
I read some posts and even asked someone who are in Montreal right now, they said that we don't need the original CAQ for customs clearance and study permit issuance at the port of entry. Printing out the confirmation letter (which you received by email) is simply enough, cause I read somewhere that this is treated as equivalent to the CAQ itself.
If anyone knows more about this issue, please kindly advise or correct me :) Thank you.

Reactions: vj1990

vj1990

May 16, 2017
Hey, I'm in the same situation. I planned to call them but could not connect to the person in charge.
I read some posts and even asked someone who are in Montreal right now, they said that we don't need the original CAQ for customs clearance and study permit issuance at the port of entry. Printing out the confirmation letter (which you received by email) is simply enough, cause I read somewhere that this is treated as equivalent to the CAQ itself.
If anyone knows more about this issue, please kindly advise or correct me :) Thank you.

I hope ur right. Cause its getting really hard for me to find someone who will stay in Canada long enough to receive mail on my behalf and wait for dhl guys to pick it up

anwarkahlon21

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
Hello all,

I mailed in my missing documents for the CAQ on 10th july, and the courier was delivered on 17th july. I was wondering how long it would take for them to issue the CAQ after this.

Will I have to wait another 20+ business days for them to process the missing documents? Or should I be expecting something within the coming week? Any insight on this would help.

Thanks!