+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAQ lettet

parisi

Aug 3, 2021
Usually, if you got your CAQ you should be fine for your PE regarding the financial part. That's it.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Usually, if you got your CAQ you should be fine for your PE regarding the financial part. That's it.
Nope, not true. Getting your CAQ has got nothing to do with satisfying the financial part of your SP application. You can still get refused by VO on financial grounds, CAQ or not. When I applied for CAQ, I didn't even need to show financial proof at all.

parisi

Aug 3, 2021
Nope, not true. Getting your CAQ has got nothing to do with satisfying the financial part of your SP application. You can still get refused by VO on financial grounds, CAQ or not. When I applied for CAQ, I didn't even need to show financial proof at all.
I said "usually".
The funding requirements for the CAQ and the SP are the identical. If the documents submitted for the CAQ are sufficient to convince Quebec immigration, this should also be the case for the federal one. As long as the documents are similar for both submissions.

If in your case you didn't have to provide proof of financial capacity, this is obviously a different story. But this must have been a special case because financial proof for international students is normally required.

Reactions: farahzeinab