+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAQ expiry date? Confused

xiras

May 26, 2017
Hi,

I got my CAQ somwhere in June 2017, after that i got my study permit and my Canadian Visa. I then was able to travel to Montreal Canada. I finsihed my first year, then came back home for the summer and since my passport was expiring soon i renewed my passport. Which means i have to reapply for my study permit and my Visa. However im confused if my CAQ expires too or not?
See the gaurd who gave me my visa said that my visa cannot be more than my passport. So does the same apply to the CAQ?

In my CAQ letter this is what it says "....Canadian visa office a favourable response to your application for a Québec Acceptance Certificate for studies for the period 2017-08-05 to 2020-08-31, for the Université-premier cycle program or level of studies..."

Besides the given dates above there is no other date mentioned. Am i safe with the CAQ or not?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
CAQ remains valid until the date on it.

Also if the visa in your old passport is still valid i.e it has not reached the expiry date that was given by officer you can still use it, you just have to travel with both new & old passports.

Reactions: Johnsnow 007

Bhavvyya

May 7, 2018
Hi,

my program starts on Aug 2019. Could anyone please suggest when shall I start applying for CAQ and Study Permit??

Thanks in advance!

Bhavvyya

May 7, 2018
thanks for the response!
Since Universities urge to apply for visa as soon as you get the offer letter, so I was planning to apply for CAQ in Jan keeping buffer time if in case my CAQ faces rejection. But if everything is smooth i would get my CAQ by end of Jan and then i would be able to apply for study visa b Feb.
What say? Any suggestions on this plan??

Lovesahota92

Dec 15, 2016
thanks for the response!
Since Universities urge to apply for visa as soon as you get the offer letter, so I was planning to apply for CAQ in Jan keeping buffer time if in case my CAQ faces rejection. But if everything is smooth i would get my CAQ by end of Jan and then i would be able to apply for study visa b Feb.
What say? Any suggestions on this plan??
Your caq will be issued on basis of your college start date. So you can apply anytime.

azmina13

Jun 21, 2019
Hi,

I got my CAQ somwhere in June 2017, after that i got my study permit and my Canadian Visa. I then was able to travel to Montreal Canada. I finsihed my first year, then came back home for the summer and since my passport was expiring soon i renewed my passport. Which means i have to reapply for my study permit and my Visa. However im confused if my CAQ expires too or not?
See the gaurd who gave me my visa said that my visa cannot be more than my passport. So does the same apply to the CAQ?

In my CAQ letter this is what it says "....Canadian visa office a favourable response to your application for a Québec Acceptance Certificate for studies for the period 2017-08-05 to 2020-08-31, for the Université-premier cycle program or level of studies..."

Besides the given dates above there is no other date mentioned. Am i safe with the CAQ or not?
Hello can you please help me. There is a minor spelling mistake in the address section of my CAQ. The town Ghatanji is misspelled as Ghantanji. Is that an issue. Please help me