+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can't upload IMM5257B_1, HELP!

MAR LAR

May 24, 2016
Hi,

I can't upload IMM5257B_1 in online application.
I got the file from CIC online services.
Please help to guide me.
Thanks.

Error: We couldn't upload your file.
  • Error Description: The version of the document submitted is no longer accepted

deepakpunia

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Hi,
  • Error Description: The version of the document submitted is no longer accepted
This error occurs when you submit a document with format which is not supported , read full webpage , they should have written supported format of file.

MAR LAR

May 24, 2016
This error occurs when you submit a document with format which is not supported , read full webpage , they should have written supported format of file.
Thanks, when I save in my computer is "pdf" format. Any idea of whcih format should be.

MAR LAR

May 24, 2016
Got reply. But no direct instruction. Dear forumers, please share your successful stories of uploaded imm5257b_1 that I need to follow.

noreply-nepasrepondre@canada.gc.ca to me
8:22 AM (4 hours ago)

The “Immigration” theme of Canada.ca is maintained by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

Information on how to report technical difficulties encountered on the website maintained by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada or on how to obtain related assistance is accessible from the "Immigration" theme of Canada.ca at the following URL:

What do I do if I run into technical problems with my online application to CIC?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=799&t=23

Canada.ca<about:www.canada.ca>
Téléphone | Telephone 1 800 O-Canada (1-800-622-6232)
Téléimprimeur | Teletypewriter 1-800-926-9105
Gouvernement du Canada | Government of Canada

tinzzz

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2021
AOR Received.
28-07-2021
For this form, I just filled in my details and travel history then clicked Validate. Then I select File > Save As "imm5257b_1_filled.pdf" (I just changed the name of the file so that I can easily find it in my PC. You can just click Save if you don't want to change the file name :p).
Then upload. No error.

MAR LAR

May 24, 2016
For this form, I just filled in my details and travel history then clicked Validate. Then I select File > Save As "imm5257b_1_filled.pdf" (I just changed the name of the file so that I can easily find it in my PC. You can just click Save if you don't want to change the file name :p).
Then upload. No error.
Thanks. Even I follow your successful uploaded procedure, but still same error. :(:confused: garrrrrrrrr:mad:

tinzzz

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2021
AOR Received.
28-07-2021
Thanks. Even I follow your successful uploaded procedure, but still same error. :(:confused: garrrrrrrrr:mad:
That's strange...

Are there no errors when you clicked Validate? How about try clicking Clear Form then fill in the details and Validate again? Are you using Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reader?

Chichiugwuzor

Mar 7, 2018
Got reply. But no direct instruction. Dear forumers, please share your successful stories of uploaded imm5257b_1 that I need to follow.

noreply-nepasrepondre@canada.gc.ca to me
8:22 AM (4 hours ago)

The “Immigration” theme of Canada.ca is maintained by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

Information on how to report technical difficulties encountered on the website maintained by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada or on how to obtain related assistance is accessible from the "Immigration" theme of Canada.ca at the following URL:

What do I do if I run into technical problems with my online application to CIC?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=799&t=23

Canada.ca<about:www.canada.ca>
Téléphone | Telephone 1 800 O-Canada (1-800-622-6232)
Téléimprimeur | Teletypewriter 1-800-926-9105
Gouvernement du Canada | Government of Canada
Hello I am having the same exact issue at the moment. Can anyone offer any help. I’ve tried everything

MAR LAR

May 24, 2016
That's strange...

Are there no errors when you clicked Validate? How about try clicking Clear Form then fill in the details and Validate again? Are you using Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reader?
I'm using the Adobe Acrobat DC and validation is completed successful but can't upload successfully. :(

tinzzz

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2021
AOR Received.
28-07-2021
I'm using the Adobe Acrobat DC and validation is completed successful but can't upload successfully. :(
Based from the error message:
So I checked the version of the form I submitted online. Check the bottom of the form.
Is it:
IMM 5257 (02-2018)
Schedule 1

Or:
IMM 5257 (10-2017)
Schedule 1

I used the latter at the time of submission.

The error message you got indicates that you are using a version that is no longer accepted.
Get the new one: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5257b_1.pdf

Hope this helps.

MAR LAR

May 24, 2016
Based from the error message:
So I checked the version of the form I submitted online. Check the bottom of the form.
Is it:
IMM 5257 (02-2018)
Schedule 1

Or:
IMM 5257 (10-2017)
Schedule 1

I used the latter at the time of submission.

The error message you got indicates that you are using a version that is no longer accepted.
Get the new one: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5257b_1.pdf

Hope this helps.
Thanks for your download link. But same uploading error message received.
Can I submit that imm5257 scanned file in other client information together with my other documents?