+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cant upload a photo to PR portal

sarmientorj

Nov 1, 2023
Same thing guys, we had the same issue. I sent email to the Canada webpage and to the email that they sent you that letter (middle).
I am glad I am not the only one. I was planning to go to the IRCC to see what they can do. and I am planning to call tomorrow to see when they are planning to solve that stupid bug.
I will keep you posted.

PD: I can't believe the easiest step in the whole process is the most stressful and difficult. Now you can tell to your friends. Uploading the photo is more difficult than you think.
I totally agree. I thought it would be smooth-sailing after the declaration of being in-Canada but I was proven wrong. Hopefully they fix this bug soon.

Reactions: TheJewishContractor

TheJewishContractor

Mar 13, 2023
Same thing guys, we had the same issue. I sent email to the Canada webpage and to the email that they sent you that letter (middle).
I am glad I am not the only one. I was planning to go to the IRCC to see what they can do. and I am planning to call tomorrow to see when they are planning to solve that stupid bug.
I will keep you posted.

PD: I can't believe the easiest step in the whole process is the most stressful and difficult. Now you can tell to your friends. Uploading the photo is more difficult than you think.
Yeah seriously, I was waiting for that email so badly, and felt such a weight coming off my shoulders when I got it, and once I encountered that passport upload issue I felt all the weight back on those shoulders and stress.

im gonna call them again today as well, I really hope they will see our emails soon and won’t take ages, as the initial portal email said we need to complete the steps within 7 days and I REALLY don’t want to have any issues or redo ANYTHING in this exhausting process.

TheJewishContractor

Mar 13, 2023
I called IRCC again, she said there is nothing they can do and we need to send an email to the address I provided in my previous comment.

she said to not worry about the time frame of providing the passport and such, as long as we reach out to the portal tech support we will be fine and just need to wait for their response and keep trying the portal every day in case it will get fixed.

for me it is still not working, just to be on the safe side I submitted a web form as well with a screenshot of the issue.

sarmientorj

Nov 1, 2023
I called IRCC again, she said there is nothing they can do and we need to send an email to the address I provided in my previous comment.

she said to not worry about the time frame of providing the passport and such, as long as we reach out to the portal tech support we will be fine and just need to wait for their response and keep trying the portal every day in case it will get fixed.

for me it is still not working, just to be on the safe side I submitted a web form as well with a screenshot of the issue.
Thank you TheJewishContractor for this update. I'm glad you were able to call IRCC yesterday. My attempts were futile yesterday as I was just redirected to different offices which weren't honestly helpful. I have tried uploading my photo again this morning, but like you, my attempt failed.

I wish they will be able to settle this soon as my stress levels are also way high.

TheJewishContractor

Mar 13, 2023
Thank you TheJewishContractor for this update. I'm glad you were able to call IRCC yesterday. My attempts were futile yesterday as I was just redirected to different offices which weren't honestly helpful. I have tried uploading my photo again this morning, but like you, my attempt failed.

I wish they will be able to settle this soon as my stress levels are also way high.
As the nice lady on the phone tole me, just send an email to the tech support and we form to IRCC and calm down, she said as long we let them know by email and web form, we shouldn’t have any issue.

I just hope enough people will reach out to them so it will get sorted fast.

sarmientorj

Nov 1, 2023
As the nice lady on the phone tole me, just send an email to the tech support and we form to IRCC and calm down, she said as long we let them know by email and web form, we shouldn’t have any issue.

I just hope enough people will reach out to them so it will get sorted fast.
I agree. I sent an email and completed a web form yesterday. Hopefully, they take action soon when they see our emails (and when they realize not many people were able to submit photos yesterday).

Mystogan

Jan 31, 2023
Emailed IRCC and I just received a response from them about this, I think should be fixed. If anyone still can't do it, email IRCC.

Thanks for the thread!

Jaynie

Nov 3, 2023
Hi everyone, I had the same issue. Try using a different device. I tried multiple times on my MacBook until I saw a Reddit post that suggested a different device. It worked right away when I used my phone.

TheJewishContractor

Mar 13, 2023
Hi everyone, I had the same issue. Try using a different device. I tried multiple times on my MacBook until I saw a Reddit post that suggested a different device. It worked right away when I used my phone.
It was a general issue with the system but it has been fixed, but thank you kind sir!