+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cant Submit PR Without Police Certificate Letter

5AM13

Sep 10, 2023
My wife is in the Netherlands trying to complete her PR application. The online portal won't let her submit her PR application without attaching her police certificate. Issue is she tried to get a police certificate but they told her she needs to have a letter from IRCC to get a police certificate in the Netherlands. How does this make any sense? Do they send the letter after she submits her application? If so, she can't submit it because it won't let her without a Police Certificate.....

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
You posted this same question to another thread on Sept. 11. At that time, I provided you with this link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/netherlands.html

There, the IRCC says that, for the Netherlands, you must submit pcc with the application. It's not one of the countries (such as Hong Kong), in respect of which you file without the pcc and wait for Canada to send you a request letter.

So, why is this still a question? Has the Netherlands denied your wife a pcc, saying they will only provide it on written request from Canada? If so, maybe show them what Canada says about that.

5AM13

Sep 10, 2023
You posted this same question to another thread on Sept. 11. At that time, I provided you with this link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/netherlands.html

There, the IRCC says that, for the Netherlands, you must submit pcc with the application. It's not one of the countries (such as Hong Kong), in respect of which you file without the pcc and wait for Canada to send you a request letter.

So, why is this still a question? Has the Netherlands denied your wife a pcc, saying they will only provide it on written request from Canada? If so, maybe show them what Canada says about that.
This is what it says in that link:

"Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you submit your application for permanent residence. You must submit this letter to the Dutch authorities when you apply for a police certificate.

This is exactly what happened when she went to get one. Please advise.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
You are right. I looked too quickly and stopped reading with the words you must have pcc when you apply. A bit misleading. It then goes on the mention request from Canada.

So, is it the case that the IRCC site will somehow not allow the application to be submitted without?

5AM13

Sep 10, 2023
You are right. I looked too quickly and stopped reading with the words you must have pcc when you apply. A bit misleading. It then goes on the mention request from Canada.

So, is it the case that the IRCC site will somehow not allow the application to be submitted without?
Exactly. Super ridiculous how they have this system set up. I am not sure how to proceed.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
When we applied, my wife needed a pcc from Dubai and one from Hong Kong. Hong Kong needs a letter from Canada. We attached her Dubai pcc to her application when we submitted in November. They sent the HK request a few months later.

I agree the system has annoying flaws. If nothing else, can you simply attach a copy of a piece of paper where it asks you to upload pcc and, on that paper, explain that you created it in order to get around the uploading issue and you understand from the IRCC site that you must await a letter from the IRCC? I suspect that device might work.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5AM13 and armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Exactly. Super ridiculous how they have this system set up. I am not sure how to proceed.
I don't know how the portal works exactly but try attaching a letter of explanation where it asks you to provide the PCC. Presumably it does not actually scan to confirm it's a PCC.

Letter would just say cannot provide LOE from Netherlands without the request letter from IRCC.

[editadd: I see @Kaibigan suggested basically the same thing.

Reactions: 5AM13 and Kaibigan

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I agree with @armoured that it's unlikely the IRCC software is so sophisticated that it will scan any letter of explanation and come back at you with something like: "Nice try, but we know that's not a real pcc."

Kktest1

Apr 15, 2024
My wife is in the Netherlands trying to complete her PR application. The online portal won't let her submit her PR application without attaching her police certificate. Issue is she tried to get a police certificate but they told her she needs to have a letter from IRCC to get a police certificate in the Netherlands. How does this make any sense? Do they send the letter after she submits her application? If so, she can't submit it because it won't let her without a Police Certificate.....
Could I ask how it worked out for you guys, I see that we have to apply fro Netherlands PCC after you get a request from IRCC, but then it is a document to be uploaded.
As suggested I was planning to enter a LOE, did that help you.
Would really appreciate your inputs