+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can't sign in to my IRCC account (Your session has expired. system-generated error: null)

Arefe

Apr 12, 2023
Since last week, I have not been able to sign in to my account. After I choose GCKey and enter my username and password and press continue, I get this strange error:
Your session has expired
Error:
Unfortunately, an error occurred.
Online Services

I have tried with different browsers: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera
Does anybody know what I should do?

P.S. I had filled out some parts of my PR application but had not uploaded my documents. Not sure if this might be the reason.

Last edited:

mvk88

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Hi, if you apply for PR you need to apply through permanent resident portal https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login. Make sure you create an account if you don't have one, your Gckey username and password won't work.

For your IRCC account try clearing the cookies in your browser and try again if doesn't work reset your password.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Since last week, I have not been able to sign in to my account. After I choose GCKey and enter my username and password and press continue, I get this strange error:
Your session has expired
Error:
Unfortunately, an error occurred.
Online Services

I have tried with different browsers: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera
Does anybody know what I should do?

P.S. I had filled out some parts of my PR application but had not uploaded my documents. Not sure if this might be the reason.
Unfortunately GCKey seems to do that quite a bit, usually just keep on trying and it will eventually work. Did you get signed in?

Arefe

Apr 12, 2023
Hi, if you apply for PR you need to apply through permanent resident portal https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login. Make sure you create an account if you don't have one, your Gckey username and password won't work.

For your IRCC account try clearing the cookies in your browser and try again if doesn't work reset your password.
I am applying through Express Entry and a PR application is created for me on the IRCC portal. is it wrong? should I apply through this portal too?

changing the password did not work either.

mvk88

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
I am applying through Express Entry and a PR application is created for me on the IRCC portal. is it wrong? should I apply through this portal too?

changing the password did not work either.
Oh OK then try opera browser mine wouldn't work with Chrome so I tried opera browser it worked fine

Arefe

Apr 12, 2023
I created another GCKey account and linked my applications to it. It was straightforward.
This is apparently the only thing that works.

Nishant Rawat

Aug 14, 2018
I have a raised a webform with IRCC, got a reply stating they are looking into the technical issue.
So I will probably wait for a week or so.

panonyei

May 12, 2023
I created another GCKey account and linked my applications to it. It was straightforward.
This is apparently the only thing that works.
Please how did you linked GCKey accounts together. Kindly provide guide as i couldnt get favourable response from WEBform raised.

Arefe

Apr 12, 2023
Please how did you linked GCKey accounts together. Kindly provide guide as i couldnt get favourable response from WEBform raised.
just below the list of your applications, you can find the button for linking your previous applications to the new account.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

prince2019

Apr 3, 2019
Hi

I am having a similar issue, where i cannot log into my GC key.
Can I create another GC Key with the same email ID.
What happens if we have already submitted the application?

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards