+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can't sign Family Information Form

stella.mi

Oct 21, 2017
I'm in the process of filling out the form Family Information (IMM 5707), but I can't sign it as this form is protected.

I googled and found some people saying that you don't need to sign them, you simply give your signature when sending in the entire application. But on the actual Family Information form it says:

"By signing, you certify that you fully understand the questions asked, and that the information you have provided is complete, accurate and factual. If you do not sign or date the form, your application will be returned to you"

So what the F are you suppose to do in this situation?

stella.mi

Oct 21, 2017
you could fill the entire form, fill the date, print it and then sign
I suppose that could work. Although I have read somewhere that you are not suppose to do this? And there has to be an explanation for not being able to sign.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
you don't need to provide an explanation..........don't know of any IRCC form that your can't print and then hand written sign.

IRCC prefer hand written signature........where did you read that you are not suppose to do this

Note: A typed signature without an accompanying handwritten signature will be accepted if the form is uploaded through an online account (for example, if you are asked to upload a new one later in processing).

Last edited:

aleks199995

Dec 9, 2020
you don't need to provide an explanation..........don't know of any IRCC form that your can't print and then hand written sign.

IRCC prefer hand written signature........where did you read that you are not suppose to do this

Note: A typed signature without an accompanying handwritten signature will be accepted if the form is uploaded through an online account (for example, if you are asked to upload a new one later in processing).

The problem in my case is that when I print it - it shows the page when you open the file via browser and not Acrobat Reader software.m Any clue how to fix it?