+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can't see PR status

gprawtap

Feb 3, 2021
Hi,
Has anyone landed in the past few days and tried to check the PR card status or change address on the application?
We did the land crossing last week and also got the SIN on the same day of the crossing.
But when I went to update the address, which we provided at the border, for the PR card; I'm unable to see it on IRCC.
I see a message - "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided"
Is anyone else experiencing the same? When can I realistically expect to see the status and be able to change the address?
Thanks,
--Gaurav

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi,
Has anyone landed in the past few days and tried to check the PR card status or change address on the application?
We did the land crossing last week and also got the SIN on the same day of the crossing.
But when I went to update the address, which we provided at the border, for the PR card; I'm unable to see it on IRCC.
I see a message - "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided"
Is anyone else experiencing the same? When can I realistically expect to see the status and be able to change the address?
Thanks,
--Gaurav
I never tracked first PR card closely but you cant track PR card until they process the PR card application(which usually happens at the end of processing timeline). Seems the timeline is 4 months, i wouldnt think you can track anytime soon.
Call the call center to confirm if they see new address on PR file for PR card. if not ask them if you can give the address for PR card and go from there.

Reactions: gprawtap

gprawtap

Feb 3, 2021
Hi,
The initial PR processing time has dropped by a month or so. I'm still unable to check the application status even after more than 2 months after our soft landing. Is anyone else able to check their PR card status on IRCC website?
Thanks,

Caramel005

Apr 2, 2021
Hi,
The initial PR processing time has dropped by a month or so. I'm still unable to check the application status even after more than 2 months after our soft landing. Is anyone else able to check their PR card status on IRCC website?
Thanks,
You can 'Link' your PR card application to your GCKey. Log in and scroll down to 'Add/link application'.

gprawtap

Feb 3, 2021
You can 'Link' your PR card application to your GCKey. Log in and scroll down to 'Add/link application'.
Not sure what you mean. We did the soft landing by land on a valid CoPR a couple of months ago. The CoPR was processed and we were told the PR card will be mailed to the Canadian address we provided. We are just not able to check the status of the same. When I log on to GCKey we do see the original application as approved which gave us the CoPR. I'm trying to check the status of the PR card itself.
Thanks,

Caramel005

Apr 2, 2021
Not sure what you mean. We did the soft landing by land on a valid CoPR a couple of months ago. The CoPR was processed and we were told the PR card will be mailed to the Canadian address we provided. We are just not able to check the status of the same. When I log on to GCKey we do see the original application as approved which gave us the CoPR. I'm trying to check the status of the PR card itself.
Thanks,
Here is a link that can help: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

When you log into your cic account, scroll down and look for "Did you apply on paper or don't see your online application in your account? Add (link) your application to your account to access it and check your status online."

Your PR card is an application in itself that would need to be 'approved'. Not sure if anyone's card has been declined before (except photograph issues). The link explains how you can link the PR Card application to your existing cic account see the status. I did mine and the status says 'submitted'. There really isn't any update I am expecting until it is approved and shipped.

gprawtap

Feb 3, 2021
Here is a link that can help: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

When you log into your cic account, scroll down and look for "Did you apply on paper or don't see your online application in your account? Add (link) your application to your account to access it and check your status online."

Your PR card is an application in itself that would need to be 'approved'. Not sure if anyone's card has been declined before (except photograph issues). The link explains how you can link the PR Card application to your existing cic account see the status. I did mine and the status says 'submitted'. There really isn't any update I am expecting until it is approved and shipped.
I tried to link the application as you described above, but the system can't even find our application. I have submitted webform requests 3 times so far, but all I get are auto-generated responses. Anybody received their PR cards after doing landing in September?

Caramel005

Apr 2, 2021
I tried to link the application as you described above, but the system can't even find our application. I have submitted webform requests 3 times so far, but all I get are auto-generated responses. Anybody received their PR cards after doing landing in September?
oh wow, that sucks. If you have some time, you can call the IRCC call center. I don't know if an agent can provide you with any useful information. The generic webform responses clearly aren't helping.