+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can't return, but...

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
Hello, my mom applied for PR as a refugee within Canada.

Before coming to Canada, she lived in Kuwait as a permanent resident for 5 years. In the process, they will ask her to provide a police certificate from there, BUT SHE CAN'T RETURN, as they require the person requesting it to be present. What can she do?

** ((Just to mention, she claimed refugee status against her home country, not Kuwait.))

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, my mom applied for PR as a refugee within Canada.

Before coming to Canada, she lived in Kuwait as a permanent resident for 5 years. In the process, they will ask her to provide a police certificate from there, BUT SHE CAN'T RETURN, as they require the person requesting it to be present. What can she do?

** ((Just to mention, she claimed refugee status against her home country, not Kuwait.))
Has she tried any of the outside of Canada options for obtaining a Kuwait PCC?

Preet31

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Has she tried any of the outside of Canada options for obtaining a Kuwait PCC?
If you live outside of Kuwait:
You can:

1. Return to Kuwait and apply in person OR ask a representative (a friend, relative or colleague) in Kuwait, with a power of attorney, to apply on your behalf (see Special notes and considerations for complete address).
  2. Apply at your nearest Kuwaiti Embassy or consulate.
You or your representative must bring:

• The letter from the Embassy of Canada requesting the Good Conduct Certificate
  • A copy of the passport you used in Kuwait
  • A copy of your old or expired resident visa in Kuwait
  • Two photographs (4 × 6 cm)
  • Applicable fees
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/kuwait.html
THIS INFOMATION IS ON CIC WEBSITE, SHE CAN HIRE SOMEONE WHO CAN GET A PCC FOR HER.

Reactions: scylla

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
You can:

1. Return to Kuwait and apply in person OR ask a representative (a friend, relative or colleague) in Kuwait, with a power of attorney, to apply on your behalf (see Special notes and considerations for complete address).
  2. Apply at your nearest Kuwaiti Embassy or consulate.

• Applicable fees
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/kuwait.html
THIS INFOMATION IS ON CIC WEBSITE, SHE CAN HIRE SOMEONE WHO CAN GET A PCC FOR HER.
Yes I read that last week, but still, she has to present herself in person to request the PCC as they would be taking her fingerprints in order to give her a PCC.

live&love

Apr 25, 2018

• Applicable fees
I think hiring someone would be the best option. I have two questions now.

1. What is the Good Conduct Certificate?
2. Which way/form can she use to hire someone to act on befalf of her in Kuwait? Can my father (included spouse in the application) be the representative?