+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can't open pdf [IMM 5257] Application for Temporary Resident Visa

RomanS

May 17, 2016
Hi all,

I'm trying to apply for a visitor visa and i have to fill in a bunch of pdf's. One of them is 'Application for Temporary Resident Visa [IMM 5257] that can be found on the 'Application forms and guides' page.

When i click on the link a pdf open's stating that i have to wait for the correct pdf to load but it never happens.. I've tried opening it on a Mac, pc and a tablet all of them just open that 'temporary' pdf and never load the correct one. Anyone else having same issue? Any way i can get the correct pdf?

I'm applying from Germany.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Roman

RomanS

May 17, 2016
bellaluna said:
Save the file to your local drive and open it using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Thanks for suggestions but both don't work, it's not the matter of not being able to open the pdf but the fact that there's incorrect pdf. Pdf behind the link is just 1 a4 with the text stating ''Please wait... ''

I've tried it on IE, Safari, Chrome on a Mac and 2x pc's. All show the same exact thing. If somebody else can test the link and see if it works will be greatly appreciated. I can't post link but if you search on google for [IMM5257] it's the first search result.

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
Cic link didnt work for me either but you can find the same form here:

https://www.apvi.net/Files/Canada_visa_application_form_2012.pdf

However, the cic file being unavailable makes me think that they might be in the process of updating their form, so you might want to keep checking to see if they change the format

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
I tried this link in the browser and get the same please wait message (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5257E.pdf)

But when I download the form, the correct form appears in Adobe Acrobat Reader (make sure you have the newest version).

tarun2k

Oct 18, 2017
I had the same issue, its actually the browser plugin which does not work for this document. All you need to do is save the file on the desktop right click and open with adobe acrobat reader installed locally.

Other way is simply open the acrobat reader and from file menu browse to the location you have downloaded the file and click to open.

Reactions: Lisa obaayaa ohene

rubb

Apr 23, 2018
to solve this problem you need:
For PC users
  • Find the link of the file you want to save (you may need to go back to the previous page to find it)
  • Right-click the link.
  • Select “Save target as” or “Save link as”.
  • Choose the location on your computer where you would like to save the file.
  • Select “Save”.
  • Use Windows Explorer to get to the location where you saved the file.
  • Right click on the PDF file.
  • Select “Open with”.
  • Select “Choose program”.
  • Select “Adobe Acrobat Reader”.
  • Make sure to check the box that says “Always use this program to open these files”.
  • Select “OK”.
For Mac users
  • Find the link of the file you want to save (you may need to go back to the previous page to find it)
  • Press the Control (ctrl) key and click on the link
  • When the option menu appears, choose “Download link to disk” or “Download linked file”.
  • Choose the location on your computer where you would like to store the file. Your computer will start the download once you have selected a location.
  • Use Spotlight or Finder to look for the downloaded file.
You can get a free copy of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website. It is available for Windows, Mac and Android devices.

Reactions: ili
Sep 18, 2019
I am having this problem too. When I download the PDF, I open it, and find it's just the same error messge as was shown on screen! Not a form to fill out. Help! ?

cavemanninja

Sep 22, 2019
I had the same issue, its actually the browser plugin which does not work for this document. All you need to do is save the file on the desktop right click and open with adobe acrobat reader installed locally.

Other way is simply open the acrobat reader and from file menu browse to the location you have downloaded the file and click to open.
Thank You very much this worked. For those still facing issues if you save the file and open it in anything other than Adobe Acrobat Reader you will still see only the error message.

Reactions: Maikad1

ili

Jan 14, 2020
to solve this problem you need:
For PC users
  • Right-click the link.
  • Select “Save target as” or “Save link as”.
  • Choose the location on your computer where you would like to save the file.
  • Select “Save”.
  • Use Windows Explorer to get to the location where you saved the file.
  • Right click on the PDF file.
  • Select “Open with”.
  • Select “Choose program”.
  • Select “Adobe Acrobat Reader”.
  • Make sure to check the box that says “Always use this program to open these files”.
  • Select “OK”.
For Mac users
  • Press the Control (ctrl) key and click on the link
  • When the option menu appears, choose “Download link to disk” or “Download linked file”.
  • Choose the location on your computer where you would like to store the file. Your computer will start the download once you have selected a location.
  • Use Spotlight or Finder to look for the downloaded file.
You can get a free copy of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website. It is available for Windows, Mac and Android devices.
Merci beaucoup rubb!!!
Thank you very much for the post!!!!! It workrd!!!

FT Khan

Jan 16, 2020
Thanks for suggestions but both don't work, it's not the matter of not being able to open the pdf but the fact that there's incorrect pdf. Pdf behind the link is just 1 a4 with the text stating ''Please wait... ''

I've tried it on IE, Safari, Chrome on a Mac and 2x pc's. All show the same exact thing. If somebody else can test the link and see if it works will be greatly appreciated. I can't post link but if you search on google for [IMM5257] it's the first search result.
I faced the same issue, try to download acrobat DC and then reopen it.

Sep 19, 2017
Merci beaucoup rubb!!!
Thank you very much for the post!!!!! It workrd!!!
It open with a message "This documents enabled extended features in Adobe Reader. The Documents has been changed since it was created and use extended feature is no longer available. Please contact the author for the original version of this documents". If I click OK then Form is visible but can't type anything or validate it. It is showing a error message in red colour "JavaScript has been disabled, the form requires JavaScript to validate properly. Please enable JavaScript through preferences under Edit menu and reopen the form." Done but same error is appearing.

Can anyone help please

conniesky

Feb 26, 2020

same with me but worked after I "save as" then open again