can't move from Saskatchewan after pr?

gn53914

Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rank2010 said:
Hello Friends,

I have been silently watching the comments on this thread. I do not wish to make any adverse comments on any of your intentions. But I do believe that nowadays, it is not very easy to get Canadian PR. There are so many applicants whose file has not moved much for many years. Applicants whose files are in advanced stage of the process should feel lucky and be thankful to the FSWP / PNP for the success so far.

Having said this, if a province is nominating you, it is because they think you will join their community for mutual benefit and economic development - both applicant as well as the local community. There are limited number of nominations that each province can make. It is the applicants moral obligation to respect the nomination and stay for a reasonable period before moving out to a different province. Please keep in mind that we are all coming to Canada mainly to live a better lifestyle compared to our home country. Otherwise, why would an applicant desire to move to Canada if he or she was very well settled and very happy in the home country among their kith and kin?

I came to Canada under FSWP and I was very serious in moving to Saskatchewan province but my American employer relocated me to Alberta where the weather conditions are more severe than in SK. I am not sure how many of you know that SK is the only province in Canada where you can sponsor your family members for immigration to Canada without being a Canadian Citizen. It takes a PR at least 4+ years to get a Canadian citizenship (3+ years to complete the residency requirement and another 1+ year to get the citizenship). SK, in order to encourage more immigrants to settle in this province, allows its PRs to sponsor their family members after ONE YEAR of residing in SK. ( http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/family-referral)

Of course, getting a citizenship has the same requirement all over Canada. Imagine the advantage of being in the family sponsorship queue 3-4 years ahead of the rest of the new immigrants' family sponsorship applications.
+1 for your excellent thought. Very well put up.

Reactions: Borhan

Rank2010

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
gn53914,

Thanks for the compliment and the rating. I feel honored. I am just a humble friend trying to my "2 cents".

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Rank2010 said:
gn53914,

Thanks for the compliment and the rating. I feel honored. I am just a humble friend trying to my "2 cents".
Rank2010, thanks for this information.You made me want to start looking for a job in Saskatchewan already :)

According to the website, family referral nomination would take about 17 months. After family referral nomination, would the application then be treated as a family sponsorship? Is it any faster at all, say, if I want to sponsor my brother or sister to immigrate through direct family sponsorship, or through SINP?

Rank2010

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
asbereth,

You cannot do direct family sponsorship unless you get the citizenship. SINP family referral process is the only way you can initiate the sponsorship after completing one year. I have not yet gone into the details of the process as I am in not ready for it yet. Please go thru the website, the forum and do your research. Since you landed only last month, you have enough time to do the research.

Good luck.

cimple

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2008
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Passport Req..
07-06-2013
Rank2010 said:
Hello Friends,

I have been silently watching the comments on this thread. I do not wish to make any adverse comments on any of your intentions. But I do believe that nowadays, it is not very easy to get Canadian PR. There are so many applicants whose file has not moved much for many years. Applicants whose files are in advanced stage of the process should feel lucky and be thankful to the FSWP / PNP for the success so far.

Having said this, if a province is nominating you, it is because they think you will join their community for mutual benefit and economic development - both applicant as well as the local community. There are limited number of nominations that each province can make. It is the applicants moral obligation to respect the nomination and stay for a reasonable period before moving out to a different province. Please keep in mind that we are all coming to Canada mainly to live a better lifestyle compared to our home country. Otherwise, why would an applicant desire to move to Canada if he or she was very well settled and very happy in the home country among their kith and kin?

I came to Canada under FSWP and I was very serious in moving to Saskatchewan province but my American employer relocated me to Alberta where the weather conditions are more severe than in SK. I am not sure how many of you know that SK is the only province in Canada where you can sponsor your family members for immigration to Canada without being a Canadian Citizen. It takes a PR at least 4+ years to get a Canadian citizenship (3+ years to complete the residency requirement and another 1+ year to get the citizenship). SK, in order to encourage more immigrants to settle in this province, allows its PRs to sponsor their family members after ONE YEAR of residing in SK. ( http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/family-referral)

Of course, getting a citizenship has the same requirement all over Canada. Imagine the advantage of being in the family sponsorship queue 3-4 years ahead of the rest of the new immigrants' family sponsorship applications.
agree with you .it is very obvious when we apply through PNP that we will live in that province. these things must be clear in mind before filing under PNP.if you know that school is not good or something else then one should apply Federal program.

cimple

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2008
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Passport Req..
07-06-2013
Rank2010 said:
asbereth,

You cannot do direct family sponsorship unless you get the citizenship. SINP family referral process is the only way you can initiate the sponsorship after completing one year. I have not yet gone into the details of the process as I am in not ready for it yet. Please go thru the website, the forum and do your research. Since you landed only last month, you have enough time to do the research.

Good luck.
since last year they have been asking for offer letter to sponsor family member

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Rank2010 said:
Thanks, Rank 2010 :)

Regarding having to be a citizen to be able to sponsor family members, I actually do believe that even a PR can directly sponsor eligible relatives under the family class.

You can sponsor certain relatives if you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada and if you are 18 years of age or older.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/relatives-apply-who.asp
I was actually just wondering if directly applying under family class would be much slower compared to applying under SINP :) I'll do more research on the matter. Thanks again.

cimple said:
since last year they have been asking for offer letter to sponsor family member
Ya, apparently, even the sponsored family member must have had a job offer in Saskatchewan. I wonder, if one already has a job offer in skill level O, A, or B, AND also a year of experience in one's intended occupation (in skill level A or B), I think applying under FSW2 would be much easier and faster (with a job offer, you'll get 10 extra adaptability points).

Except, of course, if have more than one year of work experience, but never a continuous without break for more than one year. Apparently, it looks like you can only sponsor family member who can get above 67 points and qualify to apply under the federal skilled worker.

kaur89

Jul 29, 2013
Hi I just got my sinp recently and dey give me 45 days to submit my ielts exam as I applied under post graduation work permit student category.My job falls under NOC 1221 (b) .any idea about how many bands do I require as my job is related to my studies but I dnt applied sinp under skilled worker/

Thanks,

odonacer

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Rank2010 said:
Hello Friends,
I am not sure how many of you know that SK is the only province in Canada where you can sponsor your family members for immigration to Canada without being a Canadian Citizen. It takes a PR at least 4+ years to get a Canadian citizenship (3+ years to complete the residency requirement and another 1+ year to get the citizenship). SK, in order to encourage more immigrants to settle in this province, allows its PRs to sponsor their family members after ONE YEAR of residing in SK. ( http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/family-referral)
Manitoba does the same - she has the Family stream and you, as a sponsor, could not be a citizen, just PR is enough, and there, it takes much less time, like 1-2 years.

Jaspreetsaini

May 7, 2013
chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-13
IELTS Request
Med's Request
pre-med
VISA ISSUED...
Waheguru meher kare
shahzad2002 said:
Sounds terrible. Who wants to live in -45? once we get pr its done. I really don't want to live in this province even it has a lot of opportunities and much more. But job is not the only key thing in the life. They did not mention anywhere about it.
If they want us to sign affidavit then what about those who already got pr and did not sign anything like that? I know you are in the same boat not having information. Let me know if you get anything cause I am done with my medical and have plan to go back to Toronto right after I get my pr card.
This is so wrong,you mean to exploit system.if you cant respect there law then you should look for other country but dont make it difficult for others to come to canada because of your stupid thinkig.

Jaspreetsaini

May 7, 2013
chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-13
IELTS Request
Med's Request
pre-med
VISA ISSUED...
Waheguru meher kare
I had rather respect canadin laws and thank canadian govt if i was to be aettled there.

odonacer

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Guys, u know, in Russia, there's one old proverb - "You can move yourself out from Russia, but you can't move Russia out from inside you".
By Russia, here, I meant, all bad habits which we got in our countries.

Jaspreetsaini

May 7, 2013
chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-13
IELTS Request
Med's Request
pre-med
VISA ISSUED...
Waheguru meher kare
odonacer said:
Guys, u know, in Russia, there's one old proverb - "You can move yourself out from Russia, but you can't move Russia out from inside you".
By Russia, here, I meant, all bad habits which we hot in our countries.
True but one should respect the land which gives you oppurtunity

hiren.v.modi

Jan 20, 2015
Hi, My agent told me that Saskatchewan is providing nomination for Software Engineers and I can proceed to apply for it. But I am surprise to see there is not a single job available in any Job Portal for Saskatchewan which fits with my profile.

Now my question is.

What if I land there and dont find job in Saskatchewan?
Can I stay to any other state if I find job there?
How will it impact my residence claim?
can I stay in Saskatchewan and do job in other state by staying in sharing there too? Means maintaining two houses one in Saskatchewan and one at work location.

I appreciate your help on this. Please do let me know if you can not post response here and want to do one to one email. hiren(dot)v(dot)modi(at)gmail(dot)com
hiren.v.modi@gmail.com