Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Does anybody have information regarding move out of Saskatchewan after pr. I heard that we cant move till we get canadian passport or certain time. any clue?

Couple of my friends were asked to submit pay stub, rental receipts and credit card statement for last six months six months after pr. any news from anybody?

blindsniper

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
Nomination.....
14-03-2012
AOR Received.
17-05-2012
Med's Request
17-05-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Interview........
In Process- May 15, 2013
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
this has happened to many people who ever nominated last year in sask. its just the provincial govt taking steps to find out people who have not lived in the province after being nominated ... i have heard about their plans to limit the stay of provincial nominees in the province for 2 years and some people who went to do landing procedure at north dakota border have been asked to sign an affidavit stating they will live here for 2 yrs ... but cannot confirm all this yet as its not official but certainly something is going on ..

shahzad2002

Oct 23, 2010
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 May 2015
Doc's Request.
I hope not
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
blindsniper said:
this has happened to many people who ever nominated last year in sask. its just the provincial govt taking steps to find out people who have not lived in the province after being nominated ... i have heard about their plans to limit the stay of provincial nominees in the province for 2 years and some people who went to do landing procedure at north Dakota border have been asked to sign an affidavit stating they will live here for 2 yrs ... but cannot confirm all this yet as its not official but certainly something is going on ..
Sounds terrible. Who wants to live in -45? once we get pr its done. I really don't want to live in this province even it has a lot of opportunities and much more. But job is not the only key thing in the life. They did not mention anywhere about it.
If they want us to sign affidavit then what about those who already got pr and did not sign anything like that? I know you are in the same boat not having information. Let me know if you get anything cause I am done with my medical and have plan to go back to Toronto right after I get my pr card.

Dubrider

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-09-2012
Doc's Request.
09-01-2013
Nomination.....
30-3-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Request
04-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-04-2013
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
shahzad2002 said:
Sounds terrible. Who wants to live in -45? once we get pr its done. I really don't want to live in this province even it has a lot of opportunities and much more. But job is not the only key thing in the life. They did not mention anywhere about it.
If they want us to sign affidavit then what about those who already got pr and did not sign anything like that? I know you are in the same boat not having information. Let me know if you get anything cause I am done with my medical and have plan to go back to Toronto right after I get my pr card.
I'm not sure this is the kind of thing you want to be communicating in public. The idea of a provincial nominee program is for the province to nominate you as an economic benefit, the fact that you couldn't apply for PR in Toronto shows that they want to limit immigrants to that area. You are a perfectly good example of a Bad Immigrant.

I have heard a few stories recently about people in the same situation, they received PR in Saskatchewan and left to Toronto or wherever, now the SINP is asking them to prove that they are still in Saskatchewan. When you apply to the SINP it states on the paperwork that you intend on living In Saskatchewan as that is what the program is designed for.

Immigrants like you give the rest of us a bad name and cause changes like this to programmes like the SINP. Maybe you should apply for a Federal PR stream from Toronto and not apply through the SINP in Saskatchewan, leave the limited spaces for people who really need them and who intend on staying in the province

Reactions: Robotisict

shahzad2002

Oct 23, 2010
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 May 2015
Doc's Request.
I hope not
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Dubrider said:
I'm not sure this is the kind of thing you want to be communicating in public. The idea of a provincial nominee program is for the province to nominate you as an economic benefit, the fact that you couldn't apply for PR in Toronto shows that they want to limit immigrants to that area. You are a perfectly good example of a Bad Immigrant.

I have heard a few stories recently about people in the same situation, they received PR in Saskatchewan and left to Toronto or wherever, now the SINP is asking them to prove that they are still in Saskatchewan. When you apply to the SINP it states on the paperwork that you intend on living In Saskatchewan as that is what the program is designed for.

Immigrants like you give the rest of us a bad name and cause changes like this to programmes like the SINP. Maybe you should apply for a Federal PR stream from Toronto and not apply through the SINP in Saskatchewan, leave the limited spaces for people who really need them and who intend on staying in the province

Oh well thanks for your "KIND ADVICE" ::) . If you don't wanna leave Saskatchewan then you not gonna have any problem. Everyone has a choice to live wherever they want. This is bullshit to force a person to one place. cause of my file SINP system not gonna get full of files. If you are really worry about people then why don't you just leave the space for others? ;D

If you are getting bad name then go and follow your own advice and move somewhere else instead of giving me that kind of advice.

If you are really worry worried about earning good name then you would not leave your own country lol

Have fun with Saskatchewan buddy

Dubrider

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-09-2012
Doc's Request.
09-01-2013
Nomination.....
30-3-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Request
04-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-04-2013
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
shahzad2002 said:
Oh well thanks for your "KIND ADVICE" ::) . If you don't wanna leave Saskatchewan then you not gonna have any problem. Everyone has a choice to live wherever they want. This is bull*censored word* to force a person to one place. cause of my file SINP system not gonna get full of files. If you are really worry about people then why don't you just leave the space for others? ;D

If you are getting bad name then go and follow your own advice and move somewhere else instead of giving me that kind of advice.

If you are really worry worried about earning good name then you would not leave your own country lol

Have fun with Saskatchewan buddy
I'm already done with SINP and am following their guidelines. I guess we'll see you back in Sask when you need to prove to the province you stayed here following your nomination.
The last word is humbly yours, i'm not here to argue further

ad123164

Oct 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA (formerly ADVO) E-file transfer 19-09-2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2013/CIO
Nomination.....
25-02-2013/MPNP
AOR Received.
29-04-2013/CIO
Med's Request
22-10-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2013/ MR rec'vd ecas 20-11-2013
Passport Req..
22-11-2013 (sent 05-12-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2013
LANDED..........
06-02-2014
Dubrider said:
I'm already done with SINP and am following their guidelines. I guess we'll see you back in Sask when you need to prove to the province you stayed here following your nomination.
That's good Dubrider! He's not worth your time! ;D ;D ;D

shahzad2002

Oct 23, 2010
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 May 2015
Doc's Request.
I hope not
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Dubrider said:
Well bro to clear your views, one thing I want to mention is that if you read my posts then you will realize that I asked about this kind of news. I did'nt know before that we cannot leave province. I thought we can leave after pr. I never said that I am going to be dishonest about it. If they want me to sign any paper I will be ready for that. If I had any intention to move somewhere else then still I will follow the rules. I am not hesitating signing any document. But I just asked a question about it so I should be careful before time. So simple and so true. Smiley But people take that in the wrong way. I did not post this topic to argue.

I asked a question. If you have any answer then tell otherwise don't just comment and waste time.

shahzad2002

Oct 23, 2010
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 May 2015
Doc's Request.
I hope not
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
ad123164 said:
That's good Dubrider! He's not worth your time! ;D ;D ;D
Seems like nothing to do except commenting. I asked a question, if have answer tell us otherwise just get out from post.
Thanks buddy ::)

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
shahzad2002, the whole point of PNP program is to attract people who, at least in the beginning AND during the time of landing, intend to settle in the province who have given them nomination.

Please check the following thread, and especially check what Leon has to say regarding 'intention' for the purpose of PNP application.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pr-resident-can-we-move-t149232.0.html;msg2290890#msg2290890

What people here are having trouble with is not necessarily the fact that you will want to move, but the fact that you applied under PNP just so that you can get PR, then move elsewhere immediately.

Leon said:
You are ok to move. For PNP, you signed that you intend to settle in the province. This was true when you applied and when you landed. You did not lie about anything. Now it's 6 months later and the situation has changed as your husband has a good job offer and therefore your intentions change.

Some immigration officers tell PNP nominees when landing that they must stay for 3 years. There are no written rules anywhere confirming that. The charter of rights and freedoms allows you to live and work in any province.
As Leon said, intention is hard to prove, and technically, as long as you really do intend to settle in Saskatchewan during the application process, and during landing time, you should be fine.

However, I concur with Dubrider and ad123164, that going all out in public about your intention to move immediately to Toronto after you get your PR through Saskatchewan PNP, and (seemingly) badmouthing the very province who gave you nomination for PR, is never a good idea. If after 6 months, you absolutely have to go because you absolutely can't find a job there, and you get a good job in Toronto, then it would have been a different story.

shahzad2002

Oct 23, 2010
Scarborough, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 May 2015
Doc's Request.
I hope not
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
asbereth said:
shahzad2002, the whole point of PNP program is to attract people who, at least in the beginning AND during the time of landing, intend to settle in the province who have given them nomination.

Please check the following thread, and especially check what Leon has to say regarding 'intention' for the purpose of PNP application.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pr-resident-can-we-move-t149232.0.html;msg2290890#msg2290890

What people here are having trouble with is not necessarily the fact that you will want to move, but the fact that you applied under PNP just so that you can get PR, then move elsewhere immediately.

As Leon said, intention is hard to prove, and technically, as long as you really do intend to settle in Saskatchewan during the application process, and during landing time, you should be fine.

However, I concur with Dubrider and ad123164, that going all out in public about your intention to move immediately to Toronto after you get your PR through Saskatchewan PNP, and (seemingly) badmouthing the very province who gave you nomination for PR, is never a good idea. If after 6 months, you absolutely have to go because you absolutely can't find a job there, and you get a good job in Toronto, then it would have been a different story.
Sounds like a decent advice. That's what I wanted to know. Not arguing with peopl. I agree with you that I should not opened this kind of topic on public forum. But I was so frustrating about not moving. See, I want to go back to school after pr and there is no good school other than SIAST and they don't have courses which I am looking for. I have 2 more years to finish my studies so if I don't go back to school then good bye studies. So if SINP stops me to move that means they are stopping a person to get studies. And that does not make sense. I know so many people who are having trouble with their jobs, family and so many other things. SO if you think about it deeply then you can understand problem I wanted to talk.

stojke

Jun 10, 2013
Cousin of mine immigrated to Regina, Sk years a go ... and they are more than satisfied with life in Regina in spite of "bad" weather. In fact, Regina's second city in North America on sunny days ..
I applied last September for SK, I hope any response soon. I do not intend to go anywhere!They say that at the moment in terms of job opportunities that SK is the best in Canada.

coshx

May 8, 2013
For sometime now, I've been seeing everyone make fuss about 'the right to leave the province of nomination after becoming a permanent resident'.
I have searched and digested the 'mobility rights and the charter of rights and freedoms' and can say that technically there's no law binding anyone to live in a province by force.Before you start jumping and dancing, I want you to read the full charter very very well (see below).
http://publications.gc.ca/Collection-R/LoPBdP/CIR/904-e.htm#A.
If you look closely at this charter, it is said to have so many loopholes. This then give the provincial govt right on the permanent resident status of anyone as per section 6(3) of the charter. For example, as far as I know, one of the conditions for nomination in Saskatchewan is "I intend to live in Saskatchewan and demonstrate my ability to settle and work in Saskatchewan". For signing this form, you've technically declared your allegiance to the province. If you look closely at the declaration you signed, you will see a clause such as "I understand that any false statements or concealment of a material fact may result in my exclusion from Canada and may be grounds for my prosecution or removal" (http://saskimmigrationcanada.ca/sinp-100-9). Leaving the province will amount to lie and this contradicts your reason for applying for provincial nomination in the first instance.
The only way to be totally free from this bondage is when you become a canadian citizen. This does not mean people can still not move out of the province if they so wish to...but it has to be well explained. e.g. no job for your profession in the province. This is just my thought on this whole saga. Meanwhile, I will advise you consult with your lawyer for proper explanation and details before taking any step.
I recently heard that Saskatchewan govt has been sending emails to Saskatchewan Nominated Permanent Residents to supply information such as health card number, pay stubs, etc. The govt also released quota for respective application category.
I really don't know their motive but the provincial nomination is skewed. People who become permanent residents on PNP from outside Canada should not and cannot be subjected to the same condition as people who already resides in the province.
I wish you all luck in your decisions!!!

walid-lid

Jun 20, 2013
shahzad2002 said:
yeah man ! they want to force us to live in a specific place can you imagine that !! please add me and let's keep contact we are on the same boat.

Rank2010

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Hello Friends,

I have been silently watching the comments on this thread. I do not wish to make any adverse comments on any of your intentions. But I do believe that nowadays, it is not very easy to get Canadian PR. There are so many applicants whose file has not moved much for many years. Applicants whose files are in advanced stage of the process should feel lucky and be thankful to the FSWP / PNP for the success so far.

Having said this, if a province is nominating you, it is because they think you will join their community for mutual benefit and economic development - both applicant as well as the local community. There are limited number of nominations that each province can make. It is the applicants moral obligation to respect the nomination and stay for a reasonable period before moving out to a different province. Please keep in mind that we are all coming to Canada mainly to live a better lifestyle compared to our home country. Otherwise, why would an applicant desire to move to Canada if he or she was very well settled and very happy in the home country among their kith and kin?

I came to Canada under FSWP and I was very serious in moving to Saskatchewan province but my American employer relocated me to Alberta where the weather conditions are more severe than in SK. I am not sure how many of you know that SK is the only province in Canada where you can sponsor your family members for immigration to Canada without being a Canadian Citizen. It takes a PR at least 4+ years to get a Canadian citizenship (3+ years to complete the residency requirement and another 1+ year to get the citizenship). SK, in order to encourage more immigrants to settle in this province, allows its PRs to sponsor their family members after ONE YEAR of residing in SK. ( http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/family-referral)

Of course, getting a citizenship has the same requirement all over Canada. Imagine the advantage of being in the family sponsorship queue 3-4 years ahead of the rest of the new immigrants' family sponsorship applications.