+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can't link PR Renewal application

tarekm

May 23, 2017
Hello All,

It's kind of weird as each time I search for my PR Renewal application I only get the initial PR application only.

I submitted my renewal application online on 23/8/2023 (showing as as "Incomplete Application" under return reason in Permanent Residence Portal).

How can I link the renewal application as well?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hello All,

It's kind of weird as each time I search for my PR Renewal application I only get the initial PR application only.

I submitted my renewal application online on 23/8/2023 (showing as as "Incomplete Application" under return reason in Permanent Residence Portal).

How can I link the renewal application as well?
You would only be able to link when your application is picked up for processing. The only way is to keep trying as you wouldnt know when you application processing has started.

TNT@2023

Nov 1, 2023
We submitted my husband's online renewal application on 14/Aug/2023.
The status shows as Submitted. Through GC key, I was able to only link the original PR application, not the renewal application.
We called IRCC a week ago and the agent said the application is under review and everything looks good. The agent also said the processing time is 92 days so he should receive it by Nov 15, 2023.

It's just weird that we cannot link the renewal application.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
We submitted my husband's online renewal application on 14/Aug/2023.
The status shows as Submitted. Through GC key, I was able to only link the original PR application, not the renewal application.
We called IRCC a week ago and the agent said the application is under review and everything looks good. The agent also said the processing time is 92 days so he should receive it by Nov 15, 2023.

It's just weird that we cannot link the renewal application.
Keep trying. When the renewal application is taken up for processing you will be able to link. Best luck !