+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can't find job

Mohamed-Rayen

Jun 4, 2018
Hello everyone, I have a question and hopefully I can get some advises regarding this case.

I recently moved from BC to the province of New Brunswick on July 2020, am still a close work permit holder, I brought my wife on December 2020 from back home, she got an open work permit but there is restrictions on her work permit she is not allowed to work elsewhere other than the village am working in, it's small village and due to the pandemic hit there is no jobs available in her field of studies nor anything else. Now she is pregnant and things are getting little more tight, I've tried to see if she is eligible for any government benefits as newcomer but I couldn't find anything that could help at the moment.
Anyone experienced this issue? your experience and advises could be so much helpful.
Thank you in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone, I have a question and hopefully I can get some advises regarding this case.

I recently moved from BC to the province of New Brunswick on July 2020, am still a close work permit holder, I brought my wife on December 2020 from back home, she got an open work permit but there is restrictions on her work permit she is not allowed to work elsewhere other than the village am working in, it's small village and due to the pandemic hit there is no jobs available in her field of studies nor anything else. Now she is pregnant and things are getting little more tight, I've tried to see if she is eligible for any government benefits as newcomer but I couldn't find anything that could help at the moment.
Anyone experienced this issue? your experience and advises could be so much helpful.
Thank you in advance.
If you lost your job due to COVID this might be helpful.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/benefits/recovery-benefit/crb-who-apply.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did you not look at your budget before planning for a pregnancy? Most benefits are dependent on whether your spouse has worked in Canada and for how long including maternity benefits.

Mohamed-Rayen

Jun 4, 2018
So did you or did your spouse lose the job? Has your spouse even worked in Canada given she only arrived in December?
I didn’t lose my job am still working but she didn’t work any job since she came, we’ve been looking for something for her but as I mentioned I work in a restaurant in a small village and she is not allowed to work outside this village

Mohamed-Rayen

Jun 4, 2018
Did you not look at your budget before planning for a pregnancy? Most benefits are dependent on whether your spouse has worked in Canada and for how long including maternity benefits.
Thanks for ur response, the pregnancy wasn’t planned and that’s not the main issue, the problem is that she can’t find a job in here with the restrictions on her work permit

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the prompt response, she recently came to Canada and she didn’t make any hours
Ah - I see. I thought you were asking for yourself. I'm not sure there's anything available for your wife given she hasn't worked here and didn't lose a job here due to COVID.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I didn’t lose my job am still working but she didn’t work any job since she came, we’ve been looking for something for her but as I mentioned I work in a restaurant in a small village and she is not allowed to work outside this village
She needs a job with a certain amount of hours to receive any government benefits. I don’t think she can change the restrictions on her work permit because it is tied to yours.