+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can't Call IRCC?

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Hello,

For the past couple of days I have been trying to get in contact with someone at immigration. Whenever I decide to call, the phone immediately hangs up soon after I dialed the number. It's not my phone, I've called my husband to make sure. Also when IRCC is not open the call works fine ( I tested it around 10PM yesterday). What could be going on?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

For the past couple of days I have been trying to get in contact with someone at immigration. Whenever I decide to call, the phone immediately hangs up soon after I dialed the number. It's not my phone, I've called my husband to make sure. Also when IRCC is not open the call works fine ( I tested it around 10PM yesterday). What could be going on?
They are being flooded with calls. The lines are overloaded.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

They also aren’t open at 10pm for phone calls.

HandInHandVII

Aug 11, 2019
Yes that kept happening to us too. We just kept trying to call, eventually we got the automated response. We pressed the number to "talk to an agent" and then were never connected with anyone. We called during the day and using a Canadian phone number. I think they might not be answering calls now? Not sure. If anyone has any luck, please let us know.

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Keep redialing, you will eventually get through. I called yesterday and it kept hanging up on me and I kept calling back immediately and got through after about 4 attempts. It took me 20mins to speak with an agent, they have a call back option as well so you don't have to kill your battery while on hold.